An English Rose...

digger9523

Saw sommat like this years ago, and me being me, i filed it away somewhere in the back of my mind with the thought: 'I'll do that one day!' :rolleyes:

So this evening saw me in the garage for an hour or two........

IMG_1683_zpse0ce8d40.jpg

This one's a load of crap, but i fully intend to do a few more, what with Chrimble fast approaching...... :eek:

Hey a rose growing out of an anvil. Cool.
But seriously I hate people who are that talented. I can come up with ideas, sometimes.... but I am far too much of a bodge artist.
Well done. not jealous at all.

Hey a rose growing out of an anvil. Cool.
But seriously I hate people who are that talented. I can come up with ideas, sometimes.... but I am far too much of a bodge artist.
Well done. not jealous at all.

It's Mahoosive mate, no fine detail at all, so it was done in just over an hour:

IMG_1684_zps197c62d6.jpg

Next one will see a bit more of my anal retentiveness! :D

PS, This is my 1000th post on SD! :eek:

Just gave it a clean up at work:

image_zps5e74aa84.jpg

What finish do you blokes favour? Your Mrs's opinions would be good as well. :)

Last edited:
Way too talented :tiphat:

How about making the middle of the rose circular so that it could also hold a candle......

willie_gunn

P.S. Clenching that rose stem between your teeth could make your eyes water :eek:

Way too talented :tiphat:

How about making the middle of the rose circular so that it could also hold a candle......

willie_gunn

P.S. Clenching that rose stem between your teeth could make your eyes water :eek:

Great idea Willie, PM me your address and I'll do you one. :tiphat:

Well done digger, I think they are really good. I asked my wife about what the finnished colour should be and she replied then it all depends on the colour of the room it's in.:doh: Should have known better than to ask. Are you going to make these to order and if so how much? PM me if you like.

Thanks

Paul

Last edited:
I asked my wife about what the finished colour should be and she replied then it all depends on the colour of the roof it's in.:doh: Should have known better than to ask.

:rofl:

From the mouths of babes! :D

Never thought about selling any of these mate. Only got so much of the copper left now, and i strongly suspect that'll be mostly gone by the time I've finished 'Tinkering' and doing the crimble presents. I think 4 of these are going down to Terra Australis, got to do one with a titanium stem for a knife maker friend of mine, about 3-4 for 'the girls', Willie's getting a candle holder one, and a few old muckers want me to do some poppies for them by Rememberance Sunday next month.

I reckon I'll be pushing it materials wise, but I'll let thee know how it's looking by the time the graft is done. I'm sure H4H or the Legion would welcome a donation. ;)

mind you if you get a thorn you can get it out with a magnet lol carry on your get to the tate one day !!

Back