Got word my ammo has shipped!

Muir

I got tired of picking up .22LR piece meal -a brick here, a brick there- so I put in a bulk order last week. One million rounds (200 cases) of standard velocity will be delivered a week from Monday. How long do you think it will take me to go through it???:-|~Muir

Nice order, if you have a Q22SMG2 a Lakeside LM7 or an American 180 prob not long...but hell of a day out, out of curiosity what does the mil cost?

​cheers

Of course here in the UK assuming that one could afford the rip off prices there is the problem of ammunition allowance to get around. One can just imagine the screams of anguish echoing around the licensing offices :rolleyes: with such a request.

Of course here in the UK assuming that one could afford the rip off prices there is the problem of ammunition allowance to get around. One can just imagine the screams of anguish echoing around the licensing offices :rolleyes: with such a request.

"Sir, I think you have put 2 0s too many on your variation..."

But you will have some help :D

John

Busted!
John is right. I will have some help. Our little gun club is in dire straights; the county is planning to reduce it to a gravel pit sometime in the next few years. One of the manufacturers I do work with is providing 500,000 rounds (100 cases of 5K rounds) of ammo at below cost that the local store will sell at a profit, which they will donate to the club towards a piece of new shooting land. The manufacturer is also donating an additional 500,000 rounds to the club, free of charge, to support the youth and family shoots we sponsor. Included in the donation is the cost of shipping for both pallets of ammo so, in essence, we are getting this ammo for far less than even Cabellas pays for it. Twenty two ammunition is at a premium here. With manufacturers concentrating on the CF pistol and rifle ammo there is none on any shelf anywhere. Five hundred round packs that used to sell for $18 are now $90 when you can find them, so this act of generosity is magnified in the light of potential lost profit. We plan on selling the ammo for half of market price and we will still make 100% profits. I'll post pics of the whole lot, with details, when we unload it and have the sale. I expect that we will sell the entire 100 case LOT in an afternoon.~Muir

Nice order, if you have a Q22SMG2 a Lakeside LM7 or an American 180 prob not long...but hell of a day out, out of curiosity what does the mil cost?

​cheers

Oh.... I got .22's that go clickety clack in a hurry but it would take a while even at that! Cost? Way more than I paid for my house! But, as anyone who has ever visited my shack will tell you, that ain't saying much!:lol: ~Muir

I wonder what my FLO would say about a variation for 1,000,000 rounds????,,,,,,,I thought 1500 was good!!!!!:doh:

Muir,you just love rubbing it in to us lot this side of the pond dont you!!!!:drool::british:

I wonder what my FLO would say about a variation for 1,000,000 rounds????,,,,,,,I thought 1500 was good!!!!!:doh:

Muir,you just love rubbing it in to us lot this side of the pond dont you!!!!:drool::british:

I'll admit, this time it was a bit deliberate, but it was all in fun. Iwas waiting for someone to say, "WTF do you need 1 m-i-l-l-i-o-n rounds of .22 for??" And I was going to respond, "Rabbits." But you reserved types didn't seem to put it past me! Frankly, I would dearly love to have 1M rounds but lordy! I'd need to empty my garage to store it, and with a street value of nearly $200K US, it would be just another thing to keep an eye on. ~Muir

I'll admit, this time it was a bit deliberate, but it was all in fun. Iwas waiting for someone to say, "WTF do you need 1 m-i-l-l-i-o-n rounds of .22 for??" And I was going to respond, "Rabbits." But you reserved types didn't seem to put it past me! Frankly, I would dearly love to have 1M rounds but lordy! I'd need to empty my garage to store it, and with a street value of nearly $200K US, it would be just another thing to keep an eye on. ~Muir

Could you ask the good sir what the terms are for a 20ft container of 5mmRem would be?
Time to put the HMR to bed!

That's very impressive of the local ammo company to donate so much,
i know my club gets low costs in order to sell ammo at some profit but direct from the manufacturer?

Very impressive and what a good attitude towards looking after the clubs future.

​Enjoy!

That's very impressive of the local ammo company to donate so much,
i know my club gets low costs in order to sell ammo at some profit but direct from the manufacturer?

Very impressive and what a good attitude towards looking after the clubs future.

​Enjoy!

It was a very kind gesture. Our club can't sell anything for a profit due to out tax status... wish we could.~Muir

Back