Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap binoculars

Cheap binoculars

Evening lads

any ideas on semi decent binos for around 100 student budget and all! I could push to 200. Ideally I'd like new as I need to save up for them

​ATB Tarkan

Minox seem to really perform well on the price/performance graph - you get a lot of bang for your buck. Given that I'd certainly take a look at them. I don't know if you will get a pair for 100 but 200 should be more than enough. I believe Minox advertise on this forum so click on their advert and get in touch and see if someone can help you out.
    For self catering accommodation on the Isle of Lewis please visit:

Regular Poster
    Where there are more Muntjac than you can shake a stick at

Look here :

Nikon are Japanese made, Vanguard and Viking are Chinese made, the budget Minox are made under license in Asia.

Best, S.

Get yourself a pair of bushnell hd 10x42. If you look properly you will get a pair under 200 mate

​they are excellent against any 800 pair

I got myself a pair of hawke nature trek (im sure they are...) 10x50 at the gamefair, no complaints so far!

I bought a pair of Barr and Stroud 10x42's, and for about 80 are excellent...nothing like the "big boys" mind you..., but with a ten year guarantee,waterproof and fogproof, they aint too bad at all..only one thing tho, my next pair will be 8x42, as I found a wee bit of "shake" at long distance ....but, still great for the money.. I realise they are probs chinese, but still great value IMHO...

Just bought a pair of Minox 10x42 for 130 at sportsman gun centre, bargin,

Using a pair of 8x42 Minox bought new off fleabay for 125, good enough for me, although I am sure that the more expensive kit would edge it over these at first/last light. Happily my (hill) stalking doesn't involve much of this at all.