New BASC stalking scheme in Dorset

yeah, Sussex, Surrey, Kent type thing would be great. In fact Lingfield would be perfect as i could then walk to it...:p

Now i just need to win that quad-bike and all is well.

Nonetheless it's a positive move! Top work BASC.

It's swarming with deer here on Ashdown bud, trying get permission to grass any is a different matter!

always with the details....

it's the ones that jump onto the road while i'm on the motorbike that worry me...(deer not BASC offices)...

Last edited:
And, i just wonder if there was an existing deer stalker/syndicate who have lost out to the BASC?
I do hope not.
Cheers
​Richard

You nailed it Richard.
I wonder what kind of MANAGMENT plan is proposed!
4000 acers ehh. How many BASC members?
At least you can see where the dsc money is going. Plus there tons of land going in the south of England.
Maybe the idea is to emulate the great band wagon that is shooting SH.

But that is not the spirit of this I bet!

I'd like to know how many "Schemes " were missed out on,.......... plenty of grounds had been on offer but not taken up. One across the water from Arran for a start, or so I was led to believe.:-|

Full details of our new stalking scheme, and the cull requirements etc will be available soon and any BASC member who wishes to get involved with this exciting new scheme just needs to get in touch with our deer team for more detail in the interim.

We will keep trying to open up more opportunities for our members as leases come of course and it is our intention to open up some in other parts of England.

Money from DSC is not being used for this, and I am not sure why this was aired in the first place. Nor am I clear on why 'other' schemes in Scotland have been mooted, all be it without nay clarification. However, as always, regardless of what we deliver for stalking there will always be those who seem to try and put a negative slant on it ....:-|

David

if its nr sturminster newton mappower it could be a long wait ?

news flash
KWC have just got more shooting rights in Grt Wakering Essex for a 100k backing on to the marsh they already own think its the ponds that rochford were going to turn into a bird watchers park !!

Last edited:
+1

On another note, I doubt there are either enough deer or days in the year available to accommodate the queue of stalkers that is forming to use this facility:)
On the other hand I doubt whether any of the fortunate ones would pass on their excessive ground to a great enterprise like this even though they are unable to manage the deer population responsibly, but still greedily keep too much for their abilities. If schemes like these open more affordable stalking up for members it has my vote. I've had my disagreements with BASC over the years but welcome this announcement.

Full details of our new stalking scheme, and the cull requirements etc will be available soon and any BASC member who wishes to get involved with this exciting new scheme just needs to get in touch with our deer team for more detail in the interim.

We will keep trying to open up more opportunities for our members as leases come of course and it is our intention to open up some in other parts of England.

Money from DSC is not being used for this, and I am not sure why this was aired in the first place. Nor am I clear on why 'other' schemes in Scotland have been mooted, all be it without nay clarification. However, as always, regardless of what we deliver for stalking there will always be those who seem to try and put a negative slant on it ....:-|

David

Take no notice of the negatives and keep up the good work!!:thumb:

David

So was this a donation of land to BASC David?
A gift from a greatfull member, that just wishes to give back to a organisation who has suported his/her interests?
Or maybe a extension of the policy of buying up land to protect the sport of wild fowling that has been seemingly, very successful?

This new devlopment has been announced on a open forum. Surely you must expect some questions about it?

It is a lease, just like our other stalking schemes. If you look at the opening post it clearly says this....
David

Very well done BASC. Hopefully the start of a programme of land leases across the UK for members. It is hard to understand the ill disguised hostility from some of the posters on this thread, maybe a bit of jealousy perhaps ?

As for the BASC policy of buying land for wildfowling, there is not one (hopefully that will soon change). BASC have not bought any land at all for wildfowling, many wildfowling clubs themselves have bought land, most are BASC affiliated but not all.

I for one applaud the BASC stalking scheme. It helps people like me who doesn't have my own stalking land and find it extremely difficult to secure my own because i don't know everyone in the know.

Back