Thread: 6.5X57R in single shot rifle.

6.5X57R in single shot rifle.

Having just been pipped to the post in buying a s/h Sauer 90 in 6.5x57, I am considering my options.

For some strange and irrational reason I'm finding myself drawn to a single shot rifle as a main woodland tool, and the Blaser K95 Stutzen in particular!

In the past I've taken out numerous continental clients who have had single shot rifles and have tried a few of them - some in quite 'meaty' calibres such as 8x57, 9.3x62 - and always thought of them as very suitable for 'close quarters' woodland stalking.

6.5x57R would present no problems as I handload but Blaser seem to be in limbo in the UK at the moment - is there a distributor yet?

Anyone have any thoughts on the type of rifle and/or calibre that I can throw into the mix before committing myself?

He has the K95 in stock. Give him a bell, he's a very helpful chap

If you talk to Mulliners ask about one of these aswell;

Held one at the Newark Show in February. Very nice gun and perfect for Woodland or Alpine stalking.

Open Seasons will be the importer from next month.

[Open Seasons will be the importer from next month.

Top quality product from the one of the rudest and nasty people I have ever had to cross paths with

Maybe I'll investigate the possibility of personal import from Germany then!

I used to import S.5 tranquillising rifles and other equipment from Denmark and it all came via regular DHL and was sometimes left on the doorstep! I can't imagine that buying from one of the big outlets in Deutschland or Denmark would be that difficult and must work out cheaper to boot.

I bought a savage .270 Sierra from a german gunshop in 1999 and all I needed was the correct form from the British FAC authority with the serial number on it and I went over to Germany handed the form over and collected the gun.
    Job done no sweat.

Hmmm have you looked at the French Chapuis single shots?

Oural Clustom Break Open Single Shot Stalking Rifle

I shot one of their doubles in 8x57JRS and it was beautiful and shot very well indeed with the factory RWS ammo that Jack brought along. How I wish I had bitten the bullet and gotten a loan and brought that rifle

Of course the other option is to visit Ferlach It's not my money after all