Black islander boots or Crispi's?

The mighty buck

Looking at getting a new set of boots and torn between the two mentioned above I like a high boot and my last 4 sets have been Meindle Drovers but they are getting poorer and poorer quality wise. :doh:

​So any one offer any opinions?

That surprises me, personally I have always got on really well with Meindls.
​What issues have you had ?

Never had any problems with the Meindles, but from all the keepers that are telling me about the black islanders I won't ever be investing in a pair!!!!

i own both black islander and the crispi boot my verdict on the crispi boots are they exellent being waterproof and comfy in two years use. The only good thing the black islanders have going for them is there comfy there certainly not waterproof i'm on my second pair having the first pair replaced under warrenty

Love my meindls but have switched to altberg stark extreme similar to black islanders but don't leak !!
​Norma

The soles fell to bits on my last two sets as well as start leaking at the tongue, and my newest set have started coming apart at the seams around the sole and also leak even though I look after them with proper Meindel products.:banghead:

i have a pair of black islanders, i dont use them in the way a keeper would use them but use them whenever im beating, shooting, lamping and even walking the dog, crossing burns ect but have never had wet feet yet.. touch wood

The soles fell to bits on my last two sets as well as start leaking at the tongue, and my newest set have started coming apart at the seams around the sole and also leak even though I look after them with proper Meindel products.:banghead:

Oh lordy !
How old were they, any chance of warranty on them ?

I have just received a new pair of black islander boots from the new supplier in Italy,
but do not rate them them very highly do not think they will last as well as the old
make. I have never had a problem with them leaking but my next pair will be the same
type but made in the uk by altberg think they are called gamekeeper extreme.
Swillington had the old type blackislanders for sale at £ 148 recently.

I would dodge the black islanders,I had a problem with the right boot letting in water,no cover from supplier,not fit for purpose that they are still being sold all over Britain.

i have a pair of black islanders, i dont use them in the way a keeper would use them but use them whenever im beating, shooting, lamping and even walking the dog, crossing burns ect but have never had wet feet yet.. touch wood
+1 i have had mine for 4years now, i have just ordered a pair of altbergs and i had a pair of meindl which lasted around 10 months.

have used mendel dover for the last 6years never waxed them covered in every thing that a hill and bog can stick to purchased the crispi steg boots to replace my mendels with crispi still in box on top of dreser mendels still going strong never leeked my onley critisism of them is for a stalking boot on the hill the tread patern dont stick to eney thing had a few good falls on rocks etc when the tread just would not grip so fitted snow chains problem solved but a bit of thought to the tread desighn compound would have got me purchasing another pair hence new crispi stegs

No I think they are just out of warranty. My first ever set of meindles were a set my dad gave me he had worn them for about 7 years then handed them down and I wore them for another 4 before the soles finally became complete slicks! But the don't make them like that anymore sad to say!

Back