Be certain of your backstop - Accident in Norway.

A 70 year old Norwegian man got a nasty surprise when he sat on the toilet at his cabin in Løkkevika, South of Oslo. A hunter missed the moose he was aiming at, and the bullet went through the wall of the cabin, hitting the 70 year old in the stomach and seriously wounding him.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nordjyske.dk%2Fnyheder%2Fverden%2Fjaeger-skyder-efter-elg-og-rammer-mand-paa-toilet%2Ffb7eb220-b835-4130-9f33-4a4c2611963d%2F26%2F1546&act=url
I do not think this hunter would have passed his DSC1, a salutary lesson for all!!!!

Probably not !
A senior member of a shooting club in Norfolk discharged his weapon in the club cottage.
The bullet went through the party wall into next doors bathroom.
Fortunately no-one was injured and after some lengthy deliberation and hassle he had his membership terminated.

HWH.

If you are going to be shot, sitting on the toilets probably the best place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a chap on a very cold day at our pheasant shoot many years ago where I was beating produced a .22 pistol out of his coat and showed it to the other guns one of which when handling the pistol discharged it and shot the owner right in the chest. The bullet never went through his clothing to break skin, saved by a heavy leather jacket!

Had my brother unload a 100 grain .243 into the floor 3 feet from my leg as he went to unload. When I calmed down. He said "it just went off, I didn't touch the trigger"

Another person that hasn't lowered himself to the joy of further education?

You don't need a certificate to educate yourself.

Anyway - further education? Have you got a further education teaching qualification? Like wot I have got:p

DaveK.... You bash oan brother and as you say educate yourself. Some say by your errors and mistakes, just glad i am well away from your future learnings.

if all it takes is some training , how come so many people crash cars, or are they the ones who have not taken level 2

just glad i am well away from your future learnings.

You're welcome. And I'm pleased that I'm well away from someone who thinks that a bit of paper from a simple course makes them educated. My learning has taken place over many more years than I care to remember. My further education has taken the form of lifelong learning. Only thing I've bashed is your comment about his not passing a DSC1 . It's a minimum standard but for what I'm not entirely sure. I do alright without one but it's horses for courses. Now get over yourself.

​Taff, your comment is spot on.

Back