Passed my DSC1 this afternoon

Gez

I've just finished my DSC1 course this afternoon and got through the exam with (i think) just one error.

A big thanks to the guys at Greenlee who made it a stress free process and put us all at ease as we went through the shooting and safety assessments.

Now I just need to wait for confirmation to come through so that I can get level 2 underway! I may be calling on a couple of people to witness stalks in the near future once I've got a few practice ones in the bag!

Gez

Well done Gez. Don't forget that evidence gained up to three years prior to registering is valid for you DSC2 Portfolio so there is no need to rush into it. AW's should have blank copies of the ICR's. If I were you I would get one or two witnessed stalks in, either as training or for later inclusion in the portfolio, before registering. You would be supprised how many people register as soon as they get their DSC1 then find themselves running out of time towards the end of the three year period. (By the way, this is simply meant as advice from a fellow stalker not the start of the next chapter in the 'We hate DMQ' debate!) Best wishes, JC

Well done Gez - you'll be looking forward to getting the pristine cream leather interior of that Merc' all nice and bloody now. Give me a shout if you fancy some stalking down this way (if you can afford it after getting that beast of a Sika stag mounted :eek: )?

All the best,

Adam.

Hi Gez

Well done mate.. :D

I really enjoyed doing my level 1 and thought it was a great course..

Hopefully catch up soon fella..

ATB

Terry

:D well done gez its great to get it done mate any time you want to get back up there give me a bell mate.

gadget

i've got the manual and hopefully booking in feb, be honest how easy or difficult do you think it was.
i no absolutely squat so tempted by the three day job.
well done again :p

Thanks everyone, its good to get it out of the way, but i know the real learning starts now!!

Gelert, honestly, I found it quite easy, but i've spent quite a long time acquiring the knowledge not just the three days of the course. If i hadn't read the manual/book many many times beforehand i would have struggled.

I got a manual about a year ago, and since I fist got it, I have made sure that I know the majority of it. I've also spent a lot of time reading peoples posts on here (from which you can learn a suprising amount) and talking to and spending time with a lot of very experienced stalkers.

With all that in mind, I'd say the course was more a revision session than a learn everything you need in 3 days... If you do it like I did, it'll be easy - if you don't put any work in in preparation it would be very hard I think.

Gez

Well done I passed mine last week. I spent a good 6-7 weeks reading the manual and the questions in the back, scouring the net for deer photos to learn the differences, which obviously paid off.

Back