Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crap butler creek scope covers

Crap butler creek scope covers

Hi lads after snapping I don't know how many of these bloody thing I decided to make one that would work without snapping. I used a small tie wrap and glued it to the original cover it's worked flawlessly now for three months so here's a few

Last edited by remmy; 25-10-2013 at 17:32.

A very usefull tip as the hinge does seem to be the week spot on most flip up scope covers!

Had a fair share break too ! Thanks forn the tip.

Gave up on buying butler creek months ago just a total waste of money,
    ​do not know what went wrong they used to be good.

great tip thanks

Any others on the market that use a different design that's more robust?
    For guided stalking opportunities here in Devon and Dorset including Red, Sika, Fallow and Roe deer + deer related training including skinning, butchery and trophy preparation. All abilities welcome.
    Email your enquirers to
    Facebook users are encouraged to join our local community page "Devon Stalking".

I have 3 rifle/scope, .22, .22/250&.243, all are fitted with BC covers, all are over 10 years old, all get regular use and all have been faultless. I guess the newer ones are not as well made? The one on my. 243 became detached once as i took the rifle from the slip and dropped into the lane where I had parked my truck, i noticed it was missing as i chambered a round, when i got into the wood, i found it when i returned later that evening after the stalk, it had been run over, but was still intact, i soaked it in boiling water for a few mins, reshaped and refitted it, still on the s&b to this day, all be with black insulating tape to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Yet another Butler Creek cover snapped off.
    The damn things aren't fit for the purpose.

Come on Accucover...get into the market, your design is far better than Butlers.

I must have done in over 100 on breaking flip up caps so put on a neoprene 'sock' cover (15 from Jack Pyke) with a couple of cable ties either side of the turrets. It is unbreakable and totally silent unlike the flip ups. I copied a friend who uses them in Norway.
    3 days in rain and fog last week on the hill/hinds proved it works so far!
    No good if you 'dial in' of course.

For the same reasons as above I ended up getting Swarovski flip up's and have never looked back, quite expensive but quality always is. Around 65 but if you shop around you may get them cheaper.