Thread: Zero range for a NV .22 subsonic set up

Zero range for a NV .22 subsonic set up

Hi all

I'm just moving to having a dedicated NV set up on a .22lr and was after a little advice on what range to zero it at.

Ruger 10/22 (yes, yes, I know but it was my first rifle and it's older and substantially more reliable than my adult children) with a 16 inch barrel, Yukon photon, Winchester subsonic .22lr and a SAK mod.

I tend to shoot most of my rabbits at around 40m which is well within the visible working range of the photon so should I just zero as I would normally or do I need to do something different ? Logically, I'm guessing you don't treat it any differently ?

Any help/suggestions gratefully received.

Personally I set my zero at 50 yards, this really saves any worry about holdover/under, you will be within 1/2 inch either way from 20 out to nearly 60 yards. 30 to 40 yards would be where most of my shots are taken with NV.

Why not zero it just as you would have zeroed a normal scope, therefore not having to adjust your hold over etc ?

SD Regular
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Nowt wrong with a Ruger. Zero as normal. Remember that you can use the Photon day and night, so its a good all round scope. I don't feel like I shoot bunnies at any different a distance, day or night
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Zero as normal, reminds me I need to try some different bullets with my ruger to tighten the gap so to speak.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .