Zero range for a NV .22 subsonic set up

Fabnosh

Hi all

I'm just moving to having a dedicated NV set up on a .22lr and was after a little advice on what range to zero it at.

Ruger 10/22 (yes, yes, I know but it was my first rifle and it's older and substantially more reliable than my adult children) with a 16 inch barrel, Yukon photon, Winchester subsonic .22lr and a SAK mod.

I tend to shoot most of my rabbits at around 40m which is well within the visible working range of the photon so should I just zero as I would normally or do I need to do something different ? Logically, I'm guessing you don't treat it any differently ?

Any help/suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

FN

Personally I set my zero at 50 yards, this really saves any worry about holdover/under, you will be within 1/2 inch either way from 20 out to nearly 60 yards. 30 to 40 yards would be where most of my shots are taken with NV.

Why not zero it just as you would have zeroed a normal scope, therefore not having to adjust your hold over etc ?

Nowt wrong with a Ruger. Zero as normal. Remember that you can use the Photon day and night, so its a good all round scope. I don't feel like I shoot bunnies at any different a distance, day or night

Back