Man critical after Stag ( Buck) Attacks.

There have been a few incidents on Arran over the years where walkers have been "worried" by stags. Usually when the walkers have been accompanied by dogs, but when you've seen a Stag in the rut try and take on a car you'll believe anything..... the Red mist maybe?!

we are used to them running away but deer are full of power and very fast
hope the man recovers
cheers lister

These aren't from the wildlife park. I heard more about the story today, the victim saw the stag caught in a fence, tried to release it, got gored. In a bad way by all accounts. One of the guys picking up for us knows the injured fella.

No, I am sure they are not, the wildlife park ones as I said were Ceridigion. These are surely the margham park escapees of the past?

A long way from Margam. These are from a local estate, but only 15/20 miles from the Wildlife park in Cardigan anyway. Around Cardigan there are Sika (remnants of an escapee population) and Reds.

Reading the reports, it seems the stag/buck was farmed.

Thoughts go to the family.

I don't think it was a farmed stag, as I understand it was a wild stag. As it happens I'm just working on gaining permission up there. All things considered, I shall let things lie for a month or 2 now. Very sad.

Back