Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9.3x 62

9.3x 62

hi can anyone recommend any bullets or even heads for the above calibre for boar. thanks

I take it that by "bullets" you really mean ammunition and that by "heads" you mean bullets ???

The only bullets that I have actually used on boar in my 9.3x74r are 250 grn Nosler ballistic tips which were the only ones that I could obtain at the time. They did the job but there again it's a fair old lump of a bullet despite being at the lower end of bullet weights for the 9.3mm. I believe that these have now been discontinued.
    It's a cracking calibre but unfortunately we are poorly served in this country as regards bullet selection. I did pick up some 172 grn Sellior & Bellot bullets from Westlander for a very reasonable price but these were really intended for loading in 9.3x72r rifles so would be very light for either the 9.3x62 or the 9.3x74r.

The Sportsman had a fair stock of Speer 270 grn bullets in stock back last year other than that I would be looking abroad for bullets. Ammunition wise I would think that you will have to order it in with most gunshops but the calibre should be well served by the likes of Norma and RWS.
    Last edited by 8x57; 31-10-2013 at 20:40.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Hi Scudd, try Sellier and Bellot - ammo is effective as are their 285gr bullets for reloading. Trust me I've been through the mill and examined all the options. The only downside is that the importers ( Edgar Bros ) don't carry much stock. Chris.

Forget Edgar Bros for Sellior & Bellot try Mike at Westlander nice guy and most helpful.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

buy bullets for reloading from the states and have it sent over, cliffs is great for hard to get stuff

I like RWS T-Mantel 282gr in factory rolled. Popular here anyway.

+1 for 250gr Nosler bt, but any 9.3x62 round will do fine for boar. Go for a lighter bullet if you want to shoot deer at any distance. The 250gr Nosler is fine out to 200m.

Now I use GECO Softpoint 16,5 gr with my Benelli ARGO 9,3x62, without scope. I need mainly a good stopping power, because the firing range is in 90% of cases, between 5 and 10 meters.
    Last edited by Alex from Tuscany; 22-04-2014 at 18:06.

You may ask some on here, I use my 9.3x62 a lot, either the R 93 while highseating for boar, or on about 50 driven hunts each season with my custom made bolt action Mauser....

A great caliber for shooting in the forest, with distances to cover of about 100 meters, please not much more...

I also use it for dispatching when tracking, in dense cover, often with brunches between me and the animal...

I am using a reloaded Norma 15 grams Vulcan, loaded with as much powder as possible.

Since last winter I had to switch to lead free ammunition and I am happy with the Barnes VorTSX, it drops them, a good bloodtrail, a lot of hair on the exit side, and a high shocked reaction....

People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.