Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Re-whitening skull

Re-whitening skull

As the title says, can I re-whiten a poorly done skull with peroxide, if so do I warm the skull again before applying.

Just soak white tissue paper in peroxide and lay/dab it all over the skull for a day or so then leave to dry (in the sun if you find any)!

Yes,just do it again and allow to soak in over night,as SS said soak with peroxide soaked cotton wool....

wee tip

if your other half knows a hairdresser buy a bottle of peroxide paste / cream off of her and just paint on with a wee brush and leave in an old chinese takeaway carton.... no paper or tissue required and stuff stays on well , better i think than the straight fluid

Cheers!! Fir the advice.

Apparently it works better on a soaked damp skull
    I'd also be careful about how long you leave it as there are different strengths.
    All I know is that 40 minutes of 35% strength was enough for mine.
    If I were in your shoes I'd go carefully or you could damage the skull, obviously having just done one I regard myself as an expert

Good Luck

George, I soak the head first, just done one for a client I mix 35% peroxide with a small amount of house hold bleach, cover the skull using a white haired paint brush then cover it with white kitchen towel cover again with the mix and leave for 2-3 hours then wash under cold water tap. Came out really nice client was very happy with the head. Jon

I'm waiting on peroxide coming so when it does I will carry out as above, many thanks.

Peroxide paste for hair works good. It gets ear wax out too

Do you know where I might purchase a gallon of peroxide bleach for soaking a deer skull?