Permission letter Template

BwchDanas

I'm in the slightly odd situation of having a 308 and a 243 but no .22RF, and clearly that is unacceptable to I will be applying for a variation shortly.

I have verbal pemission from a farmer mate who's land I know is cleared, but obviously I will need written permission for the application (still on 1st FAC and it's not "open") but my mate is a farmer and "may get round to it", one day. :D The sensible option is for me to draft a letter so all he has to do is sign it whilst pocketing the bottle of Sloe Gin. I'm sure I could write a decent letter from scratch, but before I do, does anyone know if a template for such a letter exists on here or with BASC, so I can be absolutely sure all the required info is present.

Thanks for any help

Seems a very wordy letter not something I would particularly like to stick under a farmers nose prob ok if it's a mate
:rolleyes:
I have a little notebook in which I ask them to sign a simple permission letter stating I have his permission to shoot with any suitable weapon for whatever it is ie fox game, vermin, simple and to the point. :D

Thanks for that, I should have guessed that BASC had it covered, Pest Control Permit looks the very thing, along with a map of his farm, I dont see the FEO having a problem, I know the land is already cleared for, at least, .22LR, I may ask for 243 on it too so I can hit Charlie for him

Try your local firearms department, they may have their own permission form which covers what they require....i know hampshire have this.

may as well do it on their own form to keep things more simple and easier.

Regards and hope it all goes well.

Jim

if u go on to the legal section on this forum there was a pretty simple templete which covers the basics and isn't to wordy or confusing for either urself or the farmer (not trying to say u or the farmer stupid by the way ;) ) like legal eagle said above the more basic the better.
i would try and put a link up to the thread but wouldn't have a clue how to do it

it's 1/2 way down the legal page. think thread is written premissions. the letter on 2nd page is pretty good i'd say.

I see that most, if not all, of the permission forms being quoted, (especially the ones from police firearms departments), are stating calibres to be used.

Why is anyone wanting to willingly restrict themselves like that? If you change to a different rifle/calibre after the permission is signed you'll have to go back and do it all again. If you forget and, god forbid, an accident happens and an investigation is started, the first thing they will look at will be your authority to shoot there, and if you have nominated the wrong calibre you could find yourself on offer.

Don't forget that the police land use forms are primarily there to prove 'good reason' to the police for acquiring the firearm(s) in the first place. From there they have been used as part of the increasingly draconian and often illogical push to have land 'approved' for certain calibres and not others, often by way of inspection by unqualified FEOs - some with very little experience of the practical use of sporting firearms.

Far better IMHO to just state the generic quarry or species allowed and either put something like 'any legally held firearm' or not mention it at all.

Thanks for all the replies, but especially csl, I am with A&S at the moment (oh the joy of moving every 2 years-NOT :evil: ).

this is one i used

To whom it may concern,

RE- Shooting Permission

This letter confirms that Mr ***** has our full permission/authority to use Rimfire Rifle, Centrefire Rifle and Shotgun on any land owned/leased by ourselves for the purpose of vermin/ground game/fox/Deer destruction & control.

Mr ******* may also use our land for the purpose of ranging and sighting the firearms mentioned above, subject to the terms and conditions on his firearms certificate.

Should you wish to contact me regarding this matter, I am available on *************.

Yours Sincerely

Very nicely worded Bucksden, I have copied it myself :lol:
I have a couple of new bits of land and will need a letter as well to send into the old bill so saved me a job :D
Btw I always keep my notebook as my back up copy

Back