Thread: Wanted - 243 set up

Wanted - 243 set up

Awaiting my variation arriving, but it has been approved, so I am now looking for a rifle set up. My budget is 800 to an absolute max 1000 for the right kit - I have a few rifle only or rifle/mod combos on the back burner, but ideally I want the full works, ready to go. If nothing comes up I will probably go with a Howa combo new.

Looking for something like a M595, CZ550 or a T3, but I may be dreaming at this budget. Needs a mod, and a decent scope, ideally a fixed mag better quality one - again my dream would be a S&B or old Swaro 6 x 42 or so.

​Anything out there? I have spent days on guntrader etc and know what's about in the shops, but nothing really jumping out at me.

Have you been to wragby for a chat with the lads there?! Well worth a shot, they could get you what you want or sort you out one way or another, can't recommend them enough!!

​ YB

No, is that a gunshop? Been to MGR and Derek Lee, little about at the moment?

For Sale: Ruger M77 Mk2 .243

I added better photos further into the post. Rifle in v.good condition. Shoots well. Scope clarity is on par with swaro and S+B (which I also have mounted on other rifles to make the comparison). With your budget you could get it screw thread, recrowned and proofed and still have money left over.

Howa combo.... Brand New .you got it right first time,
    get everything you need in that package,
    two shots on the range you`re ready to go stalking

Done just that today, thanks to Yellowbellies recommendation of a gunshot.

Thanks for all those who offered rifles for sale, I am now sorted.