Beginners book on shooting/ballistics/targetting etc

mr_magicfingers

I'm a relatively novice shooter. 20something years ago I shot pistol for my university as well as national level archery. I've recently bought an air rifle to rekindle some of that and recently obtained my shotgun certificate, as I plan to do rough shooting and some clays. The air rifle is getting me interested in target type shooting too but I know very little about it or ballistics. I'm looking for a book, or online reference, to read in not too technical a language that will explain basic ballistics, using a scopw (thinks like holdover, judging windage, bullet drop etc) so that I can work on them in advance of applying for my FAC next year. My target for the air rifle once I'm sufficiently competent is bunnies in our field and that will be where I step up to fac for .22lr at first but with a view to upgrading my skills to be able to stalk at some point.

Be grateful for any reading suggestions.

thanks.

i will lend you a copy, am a reguler visitor to Credition area or can mail it to you, pm me.

d

No competly incorrect, you will have to try better than that. Well the roads were certainly wet in Devon this am.

D

Bruce potts sporting rifle

Excellent book , goes from very basic stuff to wildcat calibres etc. but not to technical.

Bruce writes for the shooting times. Very factual and unbiased feedback on things.

Bruce potts sporting rifle

Excellent book , goes from very basic stuff to wildcat calibres etc. but not to technical.

Bruce writes for the shooting times. Very factual and unbiased feedback on things.

Thanks, that looks like something useful to a beginner without being too deeply technical. Cheers.

Back