Just a quick question about an "open" car insurance claim I have.
About 2 months ago someone clipped my car, I was stood next to it at the time. When I went to inspect the damage (I heard the bump) I was bombarded with verbal from a woman, who then gave me insurance details - it was a motability car.
When informing my insurance I stated as the damage was minimal I wanted to wait for the liability to be sorted before repairs so I wouldn't have to pay and then claim back my excess.
Liability was sorted in days and was offered my repairs / coutesy car from THEIR insurance co.
I went with my insurance (Volkswagon ins co) though and had everything done.
Problem however is recently I have found out my renewal is extreme, because they still haven't received payment from the 3rd party!!
Now I am wondering where I stand, as liability is admitted. Why does them not paying up yet go down against me ?
And more importantly, do I need to tell a different insurance co about it if I switch ? The liability is not mine, why should I suffer because the compant hasn't paid up yet ?
My currently company said I can pay the cost for this year (4 grand, which I don't have) and I will get the difference back once they receive payment - but they couldn't tell me what the difference is ... Seems a bit of a joke to be honest
Appreciate any advice