Thread: Good day gentlemen

Good day gentlemen

I've been retired for 8 or 9 years, and currently reside in ... get ready for it ... Prince George, in north central B.C., Canada. I've enjoyed hunting since I was a youngster shooting gophers (ground sqirrels) and rabbits next door in Alberta. From that I graduated to waterfowl and upland, and eventually to big game when I moved to B.C. in the mid 1970s. Came across some posts from this site while researching my latest firearms purchase, a BSA Majestic Featherweight deluxe in 30-06, which I'm expecting in the mail within the week. I reload for about a dozen different rifle cartridges, and enjoy refinishing and tinkering with firearms. The firearms ownership and hunting situations here are obviously very different from the ones most members on this forum are accustom to, and vice versa. I see membership as an opportunity to learn from another whole community of hunters and firearms enthusiasts. I and my wife, (whose family moved from Scotland to Canada when she was 5 or 6 years of age), will be spending about 3 weeks visiting Scotland and Ireland in May, 2014, making my "education" here of even greater interest to me.

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome aboard.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to