Thread: Very newcomer

Very newcomer

Hi all,
    I've been skulking around the forums here for a while, thought it was about time I registered and said hello!
    I'm completely inexperienced with any type of live quarry shooting aside from the odd big rat with an air rifle at one of my old jobs. In my teenage days I used to be a reasonable target marksman with 22 rimfire and 5.56 cadet rifles. Since then I haven't really done any shooting but I've been bitten by the bug recently and dechided I really fancy getting back into it with a view to getting some live quarry in the future.
    If anyone has any advice for a total beginner, I'm all ears. I think my first step might be joining my father in law and his son who shoot target rifles at a club.
    Anyway I've waffled enough, please feel free to ignore me as I browse around the site and I promise to try and avoid asking any daft questions.

Welcome to the forum.

There are never any daft questions - though some of the answers can be a bit....
    Stalking and Courses
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at Kelso, Scone & Moy 2016

welcome from a novice to

Hi Simplesimon, where abouts in the midlands are you?

Thanks for the welcomes folks. Ian, I'm in Sutton Coldfield area. Not notorious for its deer herds, I know

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses