The big C

wikedwickedmotox

well chaps found a lump on one of my testes 2 weeks ago got it checked by docs and finally went for an ultrasound last night and looks as though its cancerous.
Long night last night thinking things through last night and unable to go on a planned stalk because of it. Been a pretty **** few months for me as just been diagonsed with crohns recently and ongoing wrist trouble.
Makes you look back over life thinking what did i do wrong? Suppose its just life, onwards and upwards i suppose always enjoyed a battle.

But guys please dont mess about check your self out and if in doubt get em out!!!!!!!
Im not looking for condolences chaps just putting down whats hard to talk about.

well chaps found a lump on one of my testes 2 weeks ago got it checked by docs and finally went for an ultrasound last night and looks as though its cancerous.
Long night last night thinking things through last night and unable to go on a planned stalk because of it. Been a pretty **** few months for me as just been diagonsed with crohns recently and ongoing wrist trouble.
Makes you look back over life thinking what did i do wrong? Suppose its just life, onwards and upwards i suppose always enjoyed a battle.

But guys please dont mess about check your self out and if in doubt get em out!!!!!!!
Im not looking for condolences chaps just putting down whats hard to talk about.

Good luck with it mate,i had surgery for the same condition 14 years ago today.............yeah fireworks night!!!!!!!

My father had the same at 37, made a full recovery and went on to live a mentally busy life until 60 when something completely different got him... Glad you've caught in time, and good luck with the recovery.

Thanks for posting - it'll be a wake up call to 99% of us!

Cheers
iain

Thanks for the 'heads up' . We all hear pink & charity run this & that about breast cancer etc, another one of those thigs, but we need to get the voice of men health better & make those around us aware of prostate,testicular cancer. Get your selves checked lads ;) Its not fun after ,playing the hard man , all because you avoided a Doctor !

Last edited:
Well done for posting.Unfortunately embarrassment kills, and people think it will go away.It wont, and it is very treatable if confronted early enough.I`m `flying on one wing` so to speak, and i wish you all the best.

Well done for being open and drawing attention to your own situation. If this thread makes people at least think about it it will be very worth while.

Wish you all the best and full recovery.

Pete

I faced the same thing, different type, seventeen years ago. I beat it and so can you. You are right about going in for a check up, early diagnosis is half the battle. I had a good friend who played the hero and refused to go to a doctor because as he put it " no-ones sticking their finger up my @ss ", he's been gone over ten years now. I'm still here. Don't be shy , it just may save your life.

Good Luck ,AB

Last edited:
It takes a very brave man to be so open, thank you for your sound advice.

Please take note of all the positive remarks and feedback made in this thread.

Wishing you well with your treatment and recovery.

My daughter has very bad Crohns yet lives a near to normal lifestyle.

Best

sjb

From all the Admin team, our very best wishes for a full recovery. Keep us posted and when you are fully recovered please give me a call/PM and come out for a couple of free outings on me in West Sussex, hopefully we will knock a couple of Fallow over or a Roe for your freezer.

ATB

Sikamalc

From all the Admin team, our very best wishes for a full recovery. Keep us posted and when you are fully recovered please give me a call/PM and come out for a couple of free outings on me in West Sussex, hopefully we will knock a couple of Fallow over or a Roe for your freezer.

ATB

Sikamalc

​Superb message and offer. Very stylish.

wickedwickedmotox
Wishing you all the best mate - I know how you feel right now as I was in a similar position myself earlier this year.
Found a lump on my left nad but after scans, tests etc I was cleared - still a feckin scary couple of months though.
As the other guys have said, well done for raising the topic, all the more timely cos it's Movember I suppose.
Guys get checked out, whether by yourself, the missus or the GP - blokes get cancer too.
Again fella, wishing you all the best and hoping that you get some good news soon.
ATB
T

Good post, by best mate had similar probably 15 yrs ago speedy referral to Royal Marsden for op and turned out to have small lung metas, had chemo (Cystplatin) and was cured and still with us now. The vital bit is get to your GP ASAP if you find anything.

Get into the habit of checking yourself out every month when in the shower and if you feel anything off to GP, many times it will be neg but on occassions need further investigations, but if caught early then much higher chance of a positive outcome.

Men are notorious for not going to their GP's when they have symptoms it might be our embaresment but remember its normal to your GP.

Same is true if you have blood in your pee off to GP asap.

D

Well done for putting this message up and being so open and honest.
I will admit i have always been one to shy away from doctors. I will have to change this.
There is nothing manly in suffering.

All the best.

I had open heart surgery 10 years ago to replace the aortic valve (hereditary issue) and I was told (and I strongly believe) that 99% of all recovery is made from the neck up.

Don't let this get you down.

It is definitely beatable - just believe it and put your trust in the experts.

All the best.

Wish you all the best as I too had the sudden, dry mouth, world slowing to a stop moment when I found a lump.

Caught early these things are treatable

wickedwickedmotox

Thanks for posting - a good reminder to all of us who shy away from Doctors and maintain a stiff upper lip.

Fight it and WIN

ATB

​naseby

Good post and thank you for bringing it to everyones attention.

With my Dad and my partner going through different versions of this terrible disease it is something that is very close to my heart at the moment.

I hope all goes well for you and that you are getting the help and support you need.
If you do go through any sort of wobbly patch give Macmillan a ring mate.I waited 3 years before I asked for help as a carer.................very stupid and stubborn but they really are worth calling if only for a chat

Last edited:
Well done for thinking of others at a time like this, and best wishes for a full recovery, had a scare about 10 years ago with a lump in the same area that turned out to be an inguinal hernia...so know the initial worry.

I wish you all the best.

Regards,

Gixer

Hope all goes well with your treatment, I had a scare a couple of years ago so I understand how you're feeling. As the missus said to me "it doesn't change who you are and it wont change how much I love you" little things like that helped no end in my case.

Its Movember, so Im growing a 'tache in support and to raise awareness of prostate and testicular cancer.

Back