boyds tikka t3 stock on its way

hairlesshunter

Finally had a email from boyds to say the t3 tikka stock I ordered is on its way should take about 6/8 days and i will post some pictures when it arrives :D

Good news, I'll await the pictures. Also any reviews on ease of fitting and quality/fit of the inlet and barrel channel would be good as I'm going to be ordering one in woodland camo if your experience goes well.

Hi Craig, not yet cant seam to find out how to order one for the sako85 sporter barrel theres no proper order section on the online order form when you click action it just says mauser? but no other options, will speak soon and look forward to some pictures, regards Dean

Not long now stock at the Coventry depot and will be in west Yorkshire on Monday ready for me to pick up :D seems to have been a long time going through customs 4 days or is that the norm ?

In my own experience of buying from the US there is no norm where customs are concerned. I had some scope mounts ,bases and rings, held up for months but other stuff comes straight through. Have even had stuff arrive via the post man with no duty to pay.. Seems to be no rhym no reason to it.

A Forum Member of my Acquaintance had to turn up at the Coventry Hub with his FAC before they would release his Rings and Bases!!!!! Fortunately he lived relatively close. I believe we are all on Computer now so this should not happen again.

Yorkie.

A Forum Member of my Acquaintance had to turn up at the Coventry Hub with his FAC before they would release his Rings and Bases!!!!! Fortunately he lived relatively close. I believe we are all on Computer now so this should not happen again.

Yorkie.

If only it had been that simple!!!
The rings and base were part of a consignment of parts for my 10/22 from Brownells which they had marked "Gun Parts" on the customs declaration, the other parts being extended mag and bolt relaese, shock buffer, extrapower mainspring and oversize cocking handle, all parts non licensible and available off the shelf here.
I recieved a letter form HM Customs explaiming that they would not release the parcel untill i proved i was either being a RFD or a Providing proof of my authority to have these parts by virtue of a copy of my FAC accompanied by a letter from the Home office stating i am lawfully allowed to have these parts

I phoned customs and informed them that these parts were not restricted could be bought by anybody but they were not having any of it
I then wrote to the home office explaining the situation and recieved a letter from them a week later confirming that the parts are not restricted.
I sent this letter otgether with a copy of my FAC to the customs hub at Coventry and waited for notification telling me thet my parcle had been released, after a couple of weeks a letter arrived and i thought i can get my parcel but NO!! now they wanted to know what firearm on my FAC these parts were destined for and please could list each part and its function.
WTF i thought to myself and i was not very happy but i conformed and did as they requested, finally after another 2 weeks my parcel was released and to add insult to injury there was an extra administration charge on top of the duty VAT and handling charge:mad:!!!!

Ian.

PS. on a more lighter note i have had three Mcmillan two Boyds and two Richards Microfit stocks through Coventry without a hitch.

Last edited:
If only it had been that simple!!!
The rings and base were part of a consignment of parts for my 10/22 from Brownells which they had marked "Gun Parts" on the customs declaration, the other parts being extended mag and bolt relaese, shock buffer, extrapower mainspring and oversize cocking handle, all parts non licensible and available off the shelf here.
I recieved a letter form HM Customs explaiming that they would not release the parcel untill i proved i was either being a RFD or a Providing proof of my authority to have these parts by virtue of a copy of my FAC accompanied by a letter from the Home office stating i am lawfully allowed to have these parts

I phoned customs and informed them that these parts were not restricted could be bought by anybody but they were not having any of it
I then wrote to the home office explaining the situation and recieved a letter from them a week later confirming that the parts are not restricted.
I sent this letter otgether with a copy of my FAC to the customs hub at Coventry and waited for notification telling me thet my parcle had been released, after a couple of weeks a letter arrived and i thought i can get my parcel but NO!! now they wanted to know what firearm on my FAC these parts were destined for and please could list each part and its function.
WTF i thought to myself and i was not very happy but i conformed and did as they requested, finally after another 2 weeks my parcel was released and to add insult to injury there was an extra administration charge on top of the duty VAT and handling charge:mad:!!!!

Ian.

PS. on a more lighter note i have had three Mcmillan two Boyds and two Richards Microfit stocks through Coventry without a hitch.

What a set of ******s do you think it was done on purpose

One might even say petty "Civil" Servants ........................................... however a lot are far from "Civil".

View attachment 35049View attachment 35050View attachment 35048View attachment 35051View attachment 35052View attachment 35053Well my Tikka t3 boyds th stock finally arrived on Tuesday . First impressions a very nice piece of laminate saying that I thought it would as I have one on my howa . Back to the t3. Fit the action to the stock and tightened up the bolts then removed it to see if any marks had been left and a little bit of laminate needed to be taken out from one of the lug spaces were one of the bolts goes through only a 1mm . then I had a look at the barrel channel a little bit close for my liking so sanded a little out from there two . And now a very happy chap . when out to try in the field and to be honest no different to the tikka synthetic stock as grouping goes 1" group at 100 meters with ppu ammo feels nice to hold but think its a bit heavier than the original heres a couple of pictures

Very nice, I want one now
Wingy

Thanks Wingy I 'am very happy with it and £130 all in to the door I don't think you can go wrong for the money .I have two now one on my howa 204r in forest and this one on the tikka and wouldn't hesitate to buy another

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow and then Wednesday I'll take some pictures and get it zeroed. As I had a T3 Lite before I'm curious to see if there will be much of a difference in recoil due to the extra weight.

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow and then Wednesday I'll take some pictures and get it zeroed. As I had a T3 Lite before I'm curious to see if there will be much of a difference in recoil due to the extra weight.

Me thinking yours will be the sporter barrel so should be a similar weight to my howa boyds stock still heavier than the tikka lite stock . The bullbarrel or varmint stock is a bit heavier still. Bet you can't wait :D

I've got two of these sitting in "customs clearance" as I type. One for Howa 1500, the other for Tikka T3 Varmint.

The T3 should arrive first. It might be heavier than the factory synthetic but I bet it's lighter than the Roedale Precision RCSII it's in at present (for which I have other plans!)

I am excited, but prepared for some fettling.

Back