Jimny

1198neo

I've just bought a very clean and tidy 02 Jimmy with only 60,000 miles on the clock. It came with an extra set of aggressive off road tyres and rims, just the job for getting about on the tracks between fields here and as it is the soft top version will make a useful shooting platform to park up in for ambush.
Neo

Fantastic little jeeps, my buddy has one, mainly uses it for accessing fields and rough stuff when fishing.
I have a little Vitara, it's older than the hills but just keeps on going.

Good luck with your Jimny, i'm sure you will love it.

I absolutely love them but would never have one due to dreadful mpg, could never understand how something so light could be so poor on fuel
Regards
Jimmy

I load on a big shoot & the only vehicle that was 100% , given how wet it was last year was the jimney , with a proper set of tyres the motor was un believable ,it just got everywhere .Good buy ..

I absolutely love them but would never have one due to dreadful mpg, could never understand how something so light could be so poor on fuel
Regards
Jimmy

Same here.... I always look at them, but always come back to the thought of... for the same mileage, may as well get a a subaru and be comfortable with some trunk room... Or a Lada Niva and be uncomfortable but unstoppable..... In my case, I don't need the high clearance, just the AWD to cover access roads when wet... Seems like you can't be a hunter unless you have an OD green suzuki of some kind around here....

With the right tyres they are very good off road. I used to take part in off road vehicle trials and have seen these little buggers out perform some of the best equipped Landrovers due to their light weight not getting bogged down. Ok they lack the towing and weight load capacity of larger 4x4's and I believe fuel consumption is variable depending on how they are driven but all in all a cracking little get around.
Wingy

Have had one for 4 years now.. on yokohama geolanders. It is excellent... drives well on tarmac and great off road.....
34 mpg overall . Cheap to insure.

David

Have had one for 4 years now.. on yokohama geolanders. It is excellent... drives well on tarmac and great off road.....
34 mpg overall . Cheap to insure.

David
thats all good david but I had a Nissan navara couple of years ago and it also had a auto box and returned 30 mpg, I certainly know which id drive if I could now afford that kind of mpg.
Regards
Jimmy

What do you have to pay for a clean one? I am thinking about a quad and trailer to tow behind 2wd estate, but one of these could be a viable alternative?

What do you have to pay for a clean one? I am thinking about a quad and trailer to tow behind 2wd estate, but one of these could be a viable alternative?

A quick fleabay view suggests they are comparable and using another 'comparison' website, cheap to insure too. Hmmmmmmm!! (FFT) What mods do you need to make to turn it into a true shooting vehicle?

A quick fleabay view suggests they are comparable and using another 'comparison' website, cheap to insure too. Hmmmmmmm!! (FFT) What mods do you need to make to turn it into a true shooting vehicle?

Go on somebody say one of those mini guns they used on Mythbusters to chop a tree down :lol:

thats all good david but I had a Nissan navara couple of years ago and it also had a auto box and returned 30 mpg, I certainly know which id drive if I could now afford that kind of mpg.
Regards
Jimmy

Its also cheap to buy spares.... easy to work on for the home mechanic.. totally reliable unlike the Navara.....

David

Mine was £3000 29k miles, full service history, 2 owners (last one did the mods then needed something bigger for towing) immaculate condition. Mods include 3 inch lift, offset wheels, extended hoses, updated panhard rods, camber corrected radius arms, mud tyres,tow bar. Not bad for £3k and brilliant condition, just under £300 a year insurance including listed mods and off road cover. Before this I had a 1984 defender 90 and fully modded too and the will go further with ease off road and has many more mod cons for general driving.

Its also cheap to buy spares.... easy to work on for the home mechanic.. totally reliable unlike the Navara.....

David
Ok so maybe cheap for parts David but had mine three years only thing that went wrong was the cd player !!! Also I know which id rather do the 700 mile round trip to my stalking in lol dont think my old bones would stand that in a jimny haha
Regards
Jimmy

Cheers guys for your positive comments.
I put the off road wheels on the Jimny today and took it out in the rain across the farm tracks and lanes. I couldn't get it stuck even in the field and went through stuff I wouldn't have attempted with my Navara.
It does makes you drive much slower, the tyres howl on tarmac and are unlikely to corner well in the wet, it's pretty gutless, which is OK, I didn't buy it for speed. lol.
All said, great fun.

Back