Available: Red and Roe Deer Stalking - Lake District

fjer20

Approximately 2,600 acres of lowland, upland and woodland stalking over an estate in the heart of the Lake District - (Grasmere / Ambleside).

Tenders are invited for a twelve month control licence, starting January 2014.

Applicants must have:

• Valid British Firearms Certificate
  • Valid Public Liability Insurance
  • DSC1 and 2
  • Be based in the North West

If you are interested, please PM me your name, address OR email address for a set of particulars and tender form.

Thanks

Last edited:
Approximately 2,600 acres of lowland, upland and woodland stalking over an estate in the heart of the Lake District - (Grasmere / Ambleside). Tenders are invited for a twelve month control licence, starting January 2014. Applicants must have:
  • Valid British Firearms Certificate
  • Valid Public Liability Insurance
  • DSC1 and 2
  • Be based in the North West
If you are interested, please PM me your name, address and email address for a set of particulars and tender form. Thanks

hmm first post a tender..... think a pointer to site rules needed lol!!!!
http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co....New-Members-and-Introductions-READ-THIS-FIRST

Hi
is and e mail address good enough to forward the details as giving someone you don't know a personal address cab be a bit risky seeing the antis are now psoting peoples details on facebook and such like,Iam not saying your one of these people but we all must be wary.

This thread is being closed as the poster has not made an introduction about themselves. If this is undertaken the thread will be opened.

Thread now re opened. Introduction made and explained, thank you.

This looks like a golden opportunity for someone up that way to get themselves some serious stalking.

Good luck everyone.

Thank you for all the interest received to date. I am working through the large number of PMs I have received and will do my best to get a set of particulars to all who have requested them.

Please note that if you wish to receive a set of particulars and tender form, I will need either an email address or postal address to send them to.

The closing date for the tender is 30th November.

Thanks

Thank you for all the interest received to date. I am working through the large number of PMs I have received and will do my best to get a set of particulars to all who have requested them.

Please note that if you wish to receive a set of particulars and tender form, I will need either an email address or postal address to send them to.

The closing date for the tender is 30th November.

Thanks

Thank you for choosing the SD site to advertise this remarkable opportunity, and for making the offer to our members. Good luck to all those that Pm'ed.

Being fairly local I looked at this land on sunday and could not believe the amount of disturbance there was. I was up the crags on first light to get in a good position to glass the areas involved , not a deer seen in 4 hours, only thousands of walkers and sheep walking everywhere, even through private woodland.
beautiful place with challenging terrain but virtually impossible to find a quiet time to stalk.
The amount of money talked about for the lease plus lack of any deer seen plus all the disturbance certainly puts me of putting a tender together.

If your interested,please go and have a look and let me know what you think. I didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling thinking "this is the one"

HH

Being fairly local I looked at this land on sunday and could not believe the amount of disturbance there was. I was up the crags on first light to get in a good position to glass the areas involved , not a deer seen in 4 hours, only thousands of walkers and sheep walking everywhere, even through private woodland.
beautiful place with challenging terrain but virtually impossible to find a quiet time to stalk.
The amount of money talked about for the lease plus lack of any deer seen plus all the disturbance certainly puts me of putting a tender together.

If your interested,please go and have a look and let me know what you think. I didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling thinking "this is the one"

HH
I was up there on Sunday... visibility was down to 50yds with the fog, so another day when it's clear I'll being going having another mooch.

Si
just read your avatar. LOL remembered you saying it to Brian when he couldnt see the reds on the fell that evening.
Paul

When I spoke to the agent I was told there are no old cull figures and they dont know how many deer they want shot as no one has leased this ground before as it was stalked by the owner.
It looks like the deer are wandering off the estate and eating the other owners crops

Ive been to look at this ground.
The lower ground houses Rydal Hall, which is currently stalked by JS.
The broadleaf woodland extends up to the beginning of the fell and the fell then extends right the way way up to what is one of the mst popular viewpoints in the lake district where four of the lakes can be viewed from the one point.
There are small areas of replant. There are lots of sheep (not such an issue with reds admittedly)
The track leading up the side of the main woodland area is 'interesting' (low ratio, diff lock and off road tyres just made it passable, coming down wasnt interesting it was fecking terrifying)
In my opinion this ground would be very difficult to stalk given the popularity of walking this 'wordworths wood' and continued trekking up to the scar for a nice kodak point.
The red deer where regularly seen in the gardens of the hall up until 2 years ago. They havent been seen since then in the garden.
I wont be submitting a tender for the ground :)

Ive been to look at this ground.
The lower ground houses Rydal Hall, which is currently stalked by JS.
The broadleaf woodland extends up to the beginning of the fell and the fell then extends right the way way up to what is one of the mst popular viewpoints in the lake district where four of the lakes can be viewed from the one point.
There are small areas of replant. There are lots of sheep (not such an issue with reds admittedly)
The track leading up the side of the main woodland area is 'interesting' (low ratio, diff lock and off road tyres just made it passable, coming down wasnt interesting it was fecking terrifying)
In my opinion this ground would be very difficult to stalk given the popularity of walking this 'wordworths wood' and continued trekking up to the scar for a nice kodak point.
The red deer where regularly seen in the gardens of the hall up until 2 years ago. They havent been seen since then in the garden.
I wont be submitting a tender for the ground :)
I can echo everything you say, apart from the scary offroading... I thought it was great fun, even after being warned by an estate worker that he rolled a landrover a few months ago :eek:
First impressions looked promising, they have obviously spent some serious money on tree protection but we bumped into some lads planting trees who said they've never seen any deer. We explained to them we were interested in tendering for the stalking and one of them said "if you don't mind me asking, how much money are you talking?" to which I replied "well £100 a deer would be a reasonable figure, so say the cull figure was 20 then the price would be £2000" he laughed and said "you'd be lucky to get half a dozen"

Have just come back from lakes having had a look at ground,have never seen so many walkers,this was Wednesday lunchtime,nice ground,no deer or sign of any,if any sort of risk assessment was done it would not be offered,would be short time before antis and police were there,I'm not bidding

Back