Thread: iScope

Has anyone used one of these? I was thinking about buying a video camera for use for stalking but predominantly target/vermin shooting with my rifle. I then thought that maybe using an iphone on the back of a spotting scope would be a cheaper and equally as good way of doing it.. After all its optical zoom you would be using and its just a matter of either making something like an ''iScope'' or shelling out the cash for one. Although theyre not cheap for what they are..

Anyone do anything similar?

iScope iPhone 4 Scope Adapter iS9931/iS9930 FREE SHIPPING : Rural King - $109.99 | Slickguns

Last edited by flyingfisherman; 08-11-2013 at 15:51. Reason: added link

I made on a while ago, used an old silicone tube, the lid off of 17hmr box, copious amounts of tape, some Velcro and the iscope app. Took a bit of getting used to and was quite entertaining for a while, shot some rabbits and rats with it but probably would be that suitable in a stalking situation. Also tried it on the spotting scope but seemed to struggle with the magnification?

The picture shows it on a 17hmr but it was ok on 243, don't think the recoil of anything bigger would do the phone any good. (The phone screen was already broken)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg