boyds stocks pics

weatherby

has anyone got any pics of a boyds thumbhole stock in nutmeg just want to see what they look like on a rifle

ive just ordered a laminate thumb hole stock in woodland camo from Boyds for my T3 and it was £104 delivered plus whatever duty I may have to pay. I was looking at one from JoeWest but £285 plus £20 for the finishing kit plus postage. Both stocks state they're 99% inlet and may require some extra fittingso for me I can't justify paying almost an extra £200 but I'm sure others would and could explain why the extra cost is worth it for them.

ive just ordered a laminate thumb hole stock in woodland camo from Boyds for my T3 and it was £104 delivered plus whatever duty I may have to pay. I was looking at one from JoeWest but £285 plus £20 for the finishing kit plus postage. Both stocks state they're 99% inlet and may require some extra fittingso for me I can't justify paying almost an extra £200 but I'm sure others would and could explain why the extra cost is worth it for them.

I hope your 99% inletted is a heck of a lot better than the one I ordered with 99% inletting once..let's just say, the barrel channel hadn't even begun being cut! LOL..surely that must take up more than 1%...

then again, that was a few years ago now, things obviously change.

When I first bought my new CZ HMR it wasn't for a few months until I realised the barrel was touching the stock and not free floating so had to sand that anyway and even then it still touched as the action wasn't centred properly so had to bed it to get it to sit straight. Both things I didn't expect as ha hoped this would have been checked before leaving the factory but I was happy to try myself. Now it's all fine and shoots great so I'm confident I can tackle that last 1% on the Boyds or at least I hope so!

When I first bought my new CZ HMR it wasn't for a few months until I realised the barrel was touching the stock and not free floating so had to sand that anyway and even then it still touched as the action wasn't centred properly so had to bed it to get it to sit straight. Both things I didn't expect as ha hoped this would have been checked before leaving the factory but I was happy to try myself. Now it's all fine and shoots great so I'm confident I can tackle that last 1% on the Boyds or at least I hope so!
Well the very best of British luck, let's see some pictures when you have it set up!

Back