What 4X4

RafikiTim

I have the choice of a 4X4 pickup as a company car need to be a 4 cab to fit the kids in I am looking at the Mitsubishi L200, Nissan Navara, Toyata Hilux, or VW Amrok they need to do a lot of road miles but also reasonable on off road what one would you chose for comfort and practicality? I know it’s probably like asking what caliber rifle you should use but I thought I would ask.

Not enough imfo regards use.

most do what it says on tin.

my navara is 10 years old now and has done everything asked of it.

things high on my wish list would be,,

first gear ratio low enough to set off without slipping the clutch,
third diff, or manual freewheel hubs
syncro on high/low change
good ground clearance without anything sensitive hanging down.
good 3.5 ton towing

Well I'll tell ya I was bloody glad to see Macky yesterday with his Toyota to pull my Ranger out of a very deep hole!!!

if i had the cash and the choice

i would have a lux all day long.

if i wanted to look like a london kids taxi.....the VW

if i want it to spend more time in their garage than my drive ...............the nissan

and i have only had one mishap with a l200 and that was when it ran into the back of my works van......................and i lost big style.

good luck with this its a real cracker of a post.

bob.

I'm watching this thread with interest - I'm contemplating changing my 07 Shogun Sport for a Double Cab Pick up

If you're doing predominantly road work then the Navara would get, and did get, my vote.

I'd go for a Subaru forester. It is a fantastic reliable car. You can pick up a decent second hand one from £3000. As long as you change the cambelt every two yrs they keep going forever.

Sorry, think I read that wrong. Buy a new Forester. They're great.:)

Define your use, everyone talks about off road use and the most they do is drive the vehicle off the Tarmac road on to a muddy stewardship get the wheels dirty and call it off road,

Luckily work is footing the bill and price is less important.Most of the time it will be on the road I do about 35K miles a year but also want to use it for lowland farm shooting etc. so something that is comfortable Mot to hard hard a ride, but will still be capable of getting over the farms. The reason not to go for the Subaru is BIK tax

Back