had a few of these on the go of late.
Been out in the shop over the past week, i was hoping to get 4 done, but ran out of gas on my torch, so will have to finish the others later on.
I was working on these that i cut out at work the other day:
I took a few pics of some of the stages of work, just in case you fancy having a go.
First thing was to drill out a hole in the middle, then do some texturing on the anvil with a cross pein hammer:
Then, i bowl out the petals on my ickle anvil with a ickle ball pain:
This causes a small overlap that is sorted with a set of snips:
When that's done, i add in a 'foot' to the ickle anvil and beat around the edges of the petals to curve them over, makes them look softer and more 3D:
The barb wire is now cut:
I did the leaf out of some thin brass plate, and a mini poppy to go in the middle before balling over the wire to hold it all together.
And so, Voila!
Now to do the other 3!
Many thanks to Steve, aka SUSSEXFALLOW, who gave me the copper some months ago.