Back problems anyone?

Ha, i didn't think i was on my own!
Many thanks for all the replies and advice.
Went to see the doctor today, our new doctor, very keen and thorough chap, gave me a very full examination.
It is his diagnosis that i have strained a muscle in the back called a 'rhomboid' and it isn't uncommon for it to take 3 weeks to heal with rest, so perhaps i'm not doing it any favours by not resting, but that is not in my makeup!
So he told me to up the ibuprofen and rest.
If no improvement then go back to him.
So i will see how i get on, back out stalking tomorrow.
Cheers
​Richard

Be careful and take care of your back or you will regret it. I broke mine in two places L1 & L4 along with a number of ribs due to a motorbike accident back in 1994. I've always been a bit protective of my back since and fingers crossed have only had a handful of short term muscular problems since.
Hope you get well soon
Wingy

Those scales sound like the ones i have had a problem with at Copplestone when trying to balance a hind on a roe size base plate and avoiding triggering my chronic lower back problem at same time. I went to Chiro's and NHS physio and after a long haul now have to do 5 min lower back and leg core muscle stretching exercises every morning before i even think about getting out of bed. Best tip i came away with was always avoid bending over to lift and definately do not try and recover a falling heavy weight - let it go and worry about it afterwards. Which i did with the hilnd by dragging into chiller and coming back next day when help at hand to get her on the scales.

Those scales sound like the ones i have had a problem with at Copplestone when trying to balance a hind on a roe size base plate and avoiding triggering my chronic lower back problem at same time. I went to Chiro's and NHS physio and after a long haul now have to do 5 min lower back and leg core muscle stretching exercises every morning before i even think about getting out of bed. Best tip i came away with was always avoid bending over to lift and definately do not try and recover a falling heavy weight - let it go and worry about it afterwards. Which i did with the hilnd by dragging into chiller and coming back next day when help at hand to get her on the scales.
You are spot on, mine was a stag, Copplestone it was!
Except (perhaps its a natural reaction?) when it started to slip i made a grab for it, result was a bad back.
So this afternoon i went out, spotted a group of reds lying down in a field, figured out a way to get on them, but sneaking through the wood on the way came across another bunch of hinds, easy shot but i thought i am never going to get her out of here without wrecking my back some more, so left them, went looking for other reds just in time to see them jump into another wood, game over!
Cheers
​Richard

I fell stalking 3 weeks ago broke my Swarovski mount and did my back in. Went Cairo man after 2 weeks of pain and on the mend now.

Back