Third time lucky

apollo

We had the cameras out for a while and last saturday and sunday the pigs came back to our patch, we had a night out on tuesday when we saw two but they were on the other side of the fence, then wednesday it was too windy so tonight looked ideal we arrived about 11.45 as the cameras said between 12.40and 2.15 after only a short time we heard a group cracking through the forest and running the fence line, after a while out one popped and he looked to be good to take so he was shot dead on the spot with a heart shot and in the bag by 12.30.

DSCF2096-1.jpg

Hi Apollo
Nice one, were out this weekend feeling hopeful we got a lot of activity around our highseat so fingers crossed.

WD

Cheers Wayne, it was a great night last night the weather was great and it seemed we had only just got settled and they were on us and we were on the safty catch for about ten mins untill one came under the fence, they were rooting inside the fence line and with the light from the moon you could see them through the scope, it was exiting as well as frustrating, hope you have the same luck as us....

DSCF2101.jpg

Hi Apollo,
I shot my first boar under on a very bright moonlit night, we had to stalk about 150 yards along a hedge line and it was that bright we had to keep stopping and waiting for a bit of cloud cover.
Good fun :D
WD

Well done Apollo,

I was out last night, saw half a dozen, two through the scopes but was too slow on the trigger. Ah well thats how it goes some nights.

Nice pig.

Blaser3006 said:
Well done Apollo,

I was out last night, saw half a dozen, two through the scopes but was too slow on the trigger. Ah well thats how it goes some nights.

Nice pig.

I believe you shoot around the same area as Wayne, prime pig country :lol: they are much more wary than when we came here last year there is no visible damage on the ground and they seem more reluctent to break cover, for some unknown reason :lol: :lol: this one is number six since feb last year not big numbers but great pastime....eddie

Back