New boots?

Adam f

After wet feet again yesterday, I've decided I need a new pair of stalking boots. Not wellies.

I see on here often people raving about Meindels, but are there any others worth considering? Ideally I'd like to spend 100-150. My last pair were Laksen, they were fine for 3 years then started to leak.

There are only for lowland work so I don't need a full hill boot.

​thanks

You really could do a lot worse than get a pair of Lundhags.
On my second pair now. Wore out the first ones. They had a hole in the toe so as you could see the leather liner and I still had dry feet.
Don't ask me how they do it, as they don't have a Gore-tex type liner either. They are just waterproof.

I have only used Meindels for all my shooting, walking and stalking, have low and full boots. Never had an issue, but keep the wax going on to maintain the leather and waterproofing. Not cheap but buy once.

My best advice for any boots would be to try on as many of the 'main brands' as possible, and then buy the most comfortable ones. Quality does vary, but at the same price range there shouldn't be too much to compare.

get a good pair of wellies.

+1, I just bought my second pair of le chameau leather lined willies in 4 years, they are superb, and whilst not cheap, pro rata over that time isn't bad for dry comfortable feet. I use meindl borneo boots in the summer months which aren't goretex just pure leather and they breath and keep out all but the very worst moisture.

I've got leather Le Chams which I love, but for lots of walking I prefer boots.

Ill take a look at the Lundhags.

​thanks all

Also interested in checking out the lundhags.... What model is the best for stalking use? Any idea where to get them in the uk?

Is the lower section of the Lundhags not a cellular rubber construction? At least they used to be. A mate of mine, an ex marine bought them when training in Scandinavia. Still has them to this day!

I've had probably 6 or 7 pairs of Meindle's and currently use a pair of Dovre Extreme's and a pair of Diotto Woodland boots. Both are very good, the Meindle's being a bit wider so allow for warmer socks. I think you will struggle though to get either of them for £150...

Choice of long or short...
images

Diotto auchleeks ...absolutely awesome boot ...check out the diotto range if you want higher up the leg boot ...I had to buy a new pair after had some chams nicked ..firat time I wore them was a full day on the hill ..so comfy and waterproof !! No scratch coatimg helps for professional look on shoot days ...cant recommend enough tbh

What about Brasher? They seem popular for hill walkers and have been around ages? Or are they bit up to the abuse we give them?

I got a pair of Altbergs a couple of weeks ago. Very pleased with them so far, they are a very well built and comfortable boot with good ankle support

What about Brasher? They seem popular for hill walkers and have been around ages? Or are they bit up to the abuse we give them?

Pile of rubbish. I had a pair, semt them back and they replaced them, did it again and the next time they just said they were not meant for harsh use. A joke really, more suitable on the pavement than in the countryside.

Would be interested to hear what lundhags people went for and their durability. They are cellular rubber on the foot section, which is interesting, no more across tow wear...... but does that make them more of a welly?

I just bought my second pair of le chameau leather lined willies

deerstalker.308 what does your other half think of your new leather lined le chameau 'willies' ?? ;)

Last edited:
deerstalker.308 what does your other half think of your new leather lined le chameau 'willies' ?? ;)[/QUOTE]

she just loves it! Got to love an inappropriate typo! Officer Crabtree trikes again......

Back