Thread: Hello from Cheshire

Hello from Cheshire

Hi, I'm Greg from Congleton, Cheshire. I've been a member of SD for a year and learnt a lot from reading the posts of the knowledgeable members on the site. I need to reply to a "wanted post" hence my introduction now:

I've been shooting for 30 years - wow, where has that time gone! Started off by trapping for the local clay club then one day a member asked me if I'd like a go. From that day forwards the club lost a very good trapper but gained a reasonable shot LOL. I shoot clays, rough shooting/walked up and enjoy coaching newcomers to clays. I went stalking about 20 years ago as a guest of my gunsmith (cheers Arthur) and now looking to take up the sport - don't know what took me so long! Currently reading up for my DSC1.

Already know Ade C off here and looking forward to meeting other members of the site.

I think that's enough for now, off to find the guy who posted a wanted add for a chainsaw...

hiya welcome to SD by the look of your name your something to do with trees ( yes I'm quick like that lol) I've just got home after climbing and felling 2 v large Eucalyptus I'm half asleep and I'm out beating all day tomorrow and logging up on Sunday no rest for the wicked eh welcome again bazil

Hi bazil, many thanks for your welcome. Yes, I'm a climber and know exactly how you feel!!

Welcome Greg - just up the road from you...

Rob for quality stalking & shooting accessories

Cheers Rob, I used to live even closer to you on Ploughmans Way

welcome greg, im just over the hill from you in buxton, regards Dean

Many thanks Dean. Yes, we've got that "tower" on Croker Hill directly between us.

some good reds over that neck of the woods, have you been out with mike at calton moor?

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses