Thread: Pneumatic saw

Pneumatic saw

Pneumatic saw

Hi, I've always just boned out all of my Venison but I'm getting bored of it now and I think it would be lovely to have the presentation benefits afforded by bone in joints of meat. So, does anyone know where I can buy one of the above mentioned saws from ? I've got a compressor so I'm looking for a vibrating saw, that's of a food safe design and certification that I can use. I'd like a vibrating saw, as opposed to a rotating saw, so, I don't get loads of mess flicked about all over the show when cutting bone in joints of Venison.
    If anyone has any ideas I'd be very grateful.

Kindest regards, Olaf

Normally proper food safe saws come in bandsaw form don't they?

Not cheap either sadly....

Just use a reciprocating saw which normally comes with different saw attachments. Make sure you only use it for butchering and wash blades afterwards. They are easy to use and you can split a carcass easily. Make sure also that you use a fine blade.

Unless you are doing considerable numbers of carcasses per day I think that the time spent cleaning a power saw of any description would never outweigh the benefits of a good quality hand bone saw.

With venison most people tend not to cut them in half like you would other animals so that saves a great deal of sawing.

I used to cut about 250 fallow a year and never wished for anything more then a bone saw.

Unless your intending to cut up a vast number of carcasses why don't you use a horticultural pruning saw as they are fairly cheap and you can put them in a dishwasher to clean.