new boots.

Roe dan

well ive been out in some bad weather latley and my boots have about had it. its time for some new one's was just wondering wich ones you's reccomend?

Muckboots, I bought a pair from Bushwear and to be honest they are the first thing I reach for. Comfortable to drive the disco. feet dry and warm even in a frosty highseat, great forwalking as well. Have other boots over twice the price but only use them when the weather is too hot for the Muckboots.
Jim

+ 1 for Muckboots. Only drawback I have found (and it may just be the model I have) is the lack of traction in really slippery conditions.

Apart from that I have found them 1st class for the money. Having said that I'll be trying the Grubbs Stalkers
with the Vibram sole next time.

I have wide feet and have trouble getting decent fitting boots :(

However got a pair of Meindl boots on offer!! from Midland Game Fair for £180 never ever spent that sort of money on boots before but oh boy they are good if sex were boots these is dem :lol:

i have the Meindl high leg jobs , and will soon be retiring them after 3 long hard years , and there worth every penny and will be investing in another pair in short order !! :D :D

cheers lee

meindl boots are by far are the best you will put on your feet ,a bit like BF Goodridge ATs in jeep tyers.

i have been using the Himalays for years ,i bought a pair of vakuum a few weeks ago for a change . not as ridgit but lovely and snug boots .

i have a irish contact for meindl boots well worth the money .PM if interested.

Lowa hunter gtx extreme! defo the best boot iv had the pleasure of wearing, even better when i get them at £150! before this i had the Lowa combat gtx another awesome boot and very hard wearing, took a yr of hunting new zealands mountains and forests to end them after 2 previous yrs use in the uk hunting, hiking and climbing!!

One more for Meindls, but at the end of the day its what fits best!

I put a similar post on here around a year ago - do a search there's plenty of similar posts and replies....

I tried loads of different boots including Altberg which loads of people swear by (and are made very well) but they were too narrow and were really uncomfortable for me (even in their widest fitting that they make the gamekeeper boot in).

Meindls feel amazing and snug for me. My advice is try on as many makes as you can. Even if you cant find the exact boot, I tried Meindl walking boots in my local outdoor shop, then ordered the Dovre extreme off of tinternet.

Gez

I've been really impressed with my Bestards - totally waterproof and cosy not to mention comfortable. They're not too heavy for hiking about in all day either.

Only downside is the suede type finish but I've nickwaxed that and theyy've never let me down.

boots

hi bunnydan try a pair of grubb stalkers very comfortable and keep your feet warm and dry can drive wiyh them no probs
atb
tom p.s where in durham do you live i belong hebburn

When youve tried the rest then try the best"Lundhags"they are the dogs danglers,well worth the extra outlay JMHO. Tamarack have got a 15% discount on they're gear at the moment well worth a look.
ATB Neil

Lowa combat gtx, great boot, warm, comfy, totally dry, not sweaty, not expensive for the quality.
Maybe a bit heavy and stiff at first for anyone of a slighter build.
Regards J.

Back