Thread: Hullo.

my name is Simon and I live in beautiful (and snowy this morning) Speyside not far from Grantown on Spey. I am a 49 year old English guy who before moving up here some 20+ years ago had never held a rod or gun.
    I used to fish on the Spey and caught a couple of salmon and a good few sea trout before the runs became less prolific. Much as I enjoyed the fishing it seemed a bit selfish to take any of the (few) fish that made it.
    I have had a shotgun for the past 10 years or so, but the ground I used to be able to shoot over I no longer have access to so I am pretty much left with an annual day as the guest of a friend in the Dales who is a member of a syndicate.
    I have never stalked any deer, though the blighters keep coming into my garden and eating my broccoli! I haven't fired a rifle since I used to shoot the .22's at school.
    i would very much like to try the sport and as I will be 50 this year I thought I should at least try to find out and this seemed as good a place to start as I could find.

anyway....enough from me.

Welcome to the SD

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

welcome to the site simon