Sealskinz gloves or something else.

Renico

Ok I got a pair og Deerhunter Almati and thought they should be my winter gloves. But last couple of days I have been hunting here in Denmark in 0 degrees and after sitting still for some time my fingertips feel like ice. So apparently not a winter glove, more like a "fall glove"

I need something new for when it drops down to -10 and the snow comes. I have looked at Sealskinz Hunting glove and Sealskinz Winter glove. Also looked at Deerhunter Rusky gloves. Can anyone help?

I have the sealskins hunter glove and they are excellent ! I used them in northern Canada in up to -45 and they work great

I have a pair of the seal skin hunters as well and really like them .. the only
downside I'd say is that they are very difficult to get on if your hands are
already damp or wet.

I have the Seal Skinz shooting gloves and cannot recommend them even slightly. The trigger fingers on both hands (they don't do right or left handed pairs) freeze when it gets even slightly cold as they have no insulation in those fingers? Surely the trigger finger is the one finger that needs to be kept warm if you want any feeling in it when it comes to taking a shot? Utter rubbish design IMO. I only bought them after recommendations on here but will sell them as soon as I get something better which I doubt will be too hard.
Baguio

I also have bad experince with trigger fingers in winter. The trigger finger gets too cold. But the Sealskin hunting glove looks to be good. Its between that and Deerhunter Rusky I think.

I have the Seal Skinz shooting gloves and cannot recommend them even slightly. The trigger fingers on both hands (they don't do right or left handed pairs) freeze when it gets even slightly cold as they have no insulation in those fingers? Surely the trigger finger is the one finger that needs to be kept warm if you want any feeling in it when it comes to taking a shot? Utter rubbish design IMO. I only bought them after recommendations on here but will sell them as soon as I get something better which I doubt will be too hard.
Baguio
+1 good glove but bad desighn not very warm trigger finger thing is pants get a set without the peel back fingers may be warmer but not a winter glove still in one peace after a month so doing better than gloves i have purchased before that fell to bits in a matter of weeks costing over 50notes

I've got some neoprene gloves that I thought would be the perfect solution, but they're by no means the best in really cold temperatures. Perhaps some mittens might be an idea? Keep your trigger finger warm until you need to use it. Lowe Alpine do a great insulated goretex mitt.

Got the seaskin mittens, keep the hands and fingers toasty until its time to take the shot, flip back the thumb and mitt which has magnetic fastening so no noise. I can highly recommend them!!!

Like the seals too wish the thumb could pop out as well as the trigger finger though !
​norma

Norma308, they do make a pair exactly as you require.

Shooting Gloves - Olive : SealSkinzâ„¢ Gun Mittens

I have two pairs that I have had for around 1 year and they just seem to get softer with age, IMO they are OK in the cold, but when it gets really cold they wouldn't be my first choice, but I am a wuss :)
Getting the sizing right with them is important to maintain decent feel through them.
Steve

top of my wish list are a pair of harkila pro hunter x gloves if you can justify £120! they look the business though.

I agree that the Sealskinz are not true winter gloves far too cold for me.

My wife bought me a pair of Harkila Pro Hunter Active gloves last Christmas, I like them and they really are warm but they are a bit bulky and have no special bit to stick your trigger finger through so I have to remove my right hand to shoot.

Cabelas in the US do a really good selection of winter gloves and the prices are pretty good too, I still rate the pair I bought about 3 years ago as my best overall winter glove, can't remember the model though and its not marked on them.

Back