New Pulsar Quantum HD38S Thermal Imager

Scott Country

Hello all.

We are just about to take delivery of our next batch of the new Pulsar Quantum HD38S Thermal.

We have recieved lots of PM's about availability, and those remaining who have pre ordered will have theirs despatched tomorrow.

We will have a few spare from this batch also.

Retailing at £1000 less than the current HD38, with an improved performance and specification, the new HD38S has taken the market be storm.

See our recent interview with The Night Vision Show and some test footage from the device.

QuantumHD38S.jpg

Find out more about the new Pulsar Quantum HD38S on our website.

Best Regards

Paul

We now have the Pulsar Quantum HD38S Thermals in stock, and have allocated a dedicated demo unit to our 7 Day Demo Service, allowing you to try at home before you commit to owning one.

UPS Next Day delivery free to SD members.

UK only as 30hz controlled for export.

We are out tonight filming with The Night Vision Show so will be posting a new video soon too.

demo.jpg

Regards

Paul

Paul,

Could you please advise as to the cost and availability of the EPS5 battery pack shown in your video etc. Trying desparatly to resist, but I feel it would be the perfect spotter for the XR5 D760...............:lol:

Thanks
Steve

We are soon to be organizing a Thermal Demo evening with a colleague in Mid Devon if you are interested in trying the latest gear?

Paul,

Could you please advise as to the cost and availability of the EPS5 battery pack shown in your video etc. Trying desparatly to resist, but I feel it would be the perfect spotter for the XR5 D760...............:lol:

Thanks
Steve

I got up the highseat tower around 4.30 yesterday afternoon and went home around 9.15 and the supplied Ansmann batteries were showing about 3/4 full, just turned it back and it's gone back up to being one bar off full. Ok it wasn't on all the time but that's pretty good going. I'd thought about a battery pack but with that performance I don't see the need.

I'll post a more thorough review on the NV forum.... but I am impressed. However I don't think I'll be selling the 14 anytime soon, they work well together.

atb

Fizz
:cool:

Absolutely, great to see a demo evening in the South. Please keep me posted on further details.
Steve

Hi Steve, hopefully I'm on that list of deliveries for the 38s & in your neck of the woods, I dont mind meeting up at some stage so you can have a good look
​Rick

Hello all.

We are just about to take delivery of our next batch of the new Pulsar Quantum HD38S Thermal.

We have recieved lots of PM's about availability, and those remaining who have pre ordered will have theirs despatched tomorrow.

We will have a few spare from this batch also.

Retailing at £1000 less than the current HD38, with an improved performance and specification, the new HD38S has taken the market be storm.

See our recent interview with The Night Vision Show and some test footage from the device.

Best Regards

Paul

???

Not a thread as it appears but an obvious Ad. I think wrong forum.

Shouldn't this be in Classifieds? This would then clearly be marked 'For Sale' from a Trade Membership.

Time wouldn't then be wasted if anyone's just researching this topic.

Hi Steve, hopefully I'm on that list of deliveries for the 38s & in your neck of the woods, I dont mind meeting up at some stage so you can have a good look
​Rick

Hi Rick,
Thank you, that is extremely generous offer. I'd love to take you up on it and be forever in your debt Sir.
I've got plenty of ground, if you fancy a night out/change.
Please let me know when suits you, looking forward to reading about how you find it when it arrives, I don't think your be dissapointed, from all I've read. :)

One of the SD membership goes above and beyond again, thanks again Rick.

Steve.

Here's a video of a fallow deer last night with the HD38S. Range 141m.

If you think they are hard to get in the UK, wait until you try to buy them over here. Oh my lord.

Are you sure this is an HD38S as the S model does not suffer from the horizontal lines your device is displaying, when you have Autocalibrate configured. Also i am not convinced your device is operating correctly as the display has an odd colour tinge and the detail is not consistent with any HD38S i have used.

Also you have an odd signal issue with the bank of broken pixelation at the bottom of your video.

The HD38S is brand new just launched into the market, so perhaps you have an old HD38 as the menu system you have is also the old HD38 and the title of the video also says HD38?

HD38S is £1000 cheaper than the phased out HD38 and HD38S has many performance improvements.

Last edited:
That's a shame, I guess it's like the 'blobs' on IR lasers. You can look past them but they 'frustrate' you.

These lines are not apparent normally, they are signs that the device requires calibrating.

The new HD38S has an auto calibration facility and this background noise is not an issue if calibrated correctly.

Please see video below.

Back