Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cracked

7 months ago my mate, his wife, his father and me stopped smoking, my mates mrs was first to start, followed by my mate, started having the odd one tyen last I heard he had 3 at the pub, I said yoom on that slippery slope and now his father has cracked, I work with mate and his dad so it didnt take me long to suss out they were sneaking off for a quick puff then a mint to cover smoke, I said to my mate today you must think I am daft going off for a secret smoke, that's up to them,I am still going strong and intend it to stay that way

That was a more positive post than I was expecting, I thought you were going to say that you had cracked.

Good luck in keeping off them.
    Last edited by Oh6; 21-11-2013 at 18:36. Reason: Typo

Good luck continuing not to crack!

Stopped 8 weeks ago!!.....still miss it but not going back...can't afford to shoot and smoke!!

Hang in there duncon, if I can do it anybody can

Just add up how much it costs per week/month/year and think about what ammo/gun/shooting trip you could spend it on!

Keep the good work up lads the wife stopped8 years ago and she said if she can stop anyone can

Quote Originally Posted by Druid View Post
    Just add up how much it costs per week/month/year and think about what ammo/gun/shooting trip you could spend it on
    So true, keep strong

My parents were both heavy smokers. We never had one single family holiday when i was a kid, yet i worked out they blew between 2500-3000 a year on tobacco. Both of them were dead before i was 18. Nuff said really.

Keep it up son.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

I stopped 7 and a half weeks ago, not smoked since and don't intend to look back.

It's the savings that are driving me forward with it, it keeps me from starting again......that and the fact I don't want to go through the withdrawals again.

To to all those who have stopped, well done and keep up the good work, it ain't easy but it's well worth it!!!