Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ear Defenders: Which Ones?

Ear Defenders: Which Ones?

I was hoping that Santa might see fit to give me a set of electronic ear defenders if I'm a good boy this year.

The trouble being there's quite a choice out there and not too much in the way of tests or reviews to point me in the right direction when I write him a letter. Just looking for what's good really. Don't mind spending a bit, but want value for money. Any recommendations?

SD Regular
    Herefordshire, Hampshire or Essex
    Howard Leight Impact Sport Electronic are extremely hard to beat for the money
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Sordin are the best in my opinion with the peltor comtac a close second , the sound quality is just superb in the Sordin as is there backup !
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

SW Birmingham (Rubery Rednal)
    #1 Sordin
    #2 Peltor SportTac

The HL Impacts look good, but I like Eric the Red thought them "extremely hard to beat for the money" and so picked up a set to keep as backup. They're OK in a pinch, but don't come close to the Sordins (or Peltors).

So, if you're treating yourself, I'd spend the extra and get some properly good kit - it'll work better, last longer, and be better value from day one.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

+1 on the Peltor SportTac
    Sako 75 6.5x55 - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako 75 .308 Habicht 2.5-10x56. Beretta 690. Benelli M2.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    +1 on the Peltor SportTac

Quote Originally Posted by tackb View Post
    Sordin are the best in my opinion with the peltor comtac a close second , the sound quality is just superb in the Sordin as is there backup !
    MSA ​Sordin get my vote too.

Dorset/Somerset/Wilts Border
    Blog Entries
    I have just been through this choice myself.

Sordin are most expensive but I'm not sure there is a lot to chose between them and the Peltor Tactical Sport which are both excellent. However I think there is a clear difference between the Peltors and the Howard Leight. I was lucky enough to try both but this you tube video was really useful (If you have a machine with good sound reproduction)

I ended up buying from here anyway with 7 day delivery door to door. Saved 50% on the UK price.

I'm very happy with my Peltors. So much more comfortable to wear all day than the good value Silverline cheapies I have worn for the last year.
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

I have the Deben electronic ear defenders which I find are really good. Only thing is that sometimes they get interference from my phone but its a good excuse to switch my phone off when I'm on a shoot.

I've gone onto peltor sport tac this year best I've had got em off ebay miles cheaper than gun shops as well