Swiss gun shop

BIGPETE

Good afternoon all.

Could I please ask if any forum member has had dealings with the "GUN FACTORY", a shop based at CH-8964 Rudolfsretten Switzerland ?

The reason for asking is that I think I have found a source for some spares for my rifle and could very soon be buying a new trigger assembly for my SHR970, but I have no experience of this company and was just wondering if anyone knows of them or has dealt with them in the past.

Thank you for reading

Best regards

Pete

What a friggin nightmare
I too am in the process of trying to get a spare barrel, bolt and magazine from Switzerland for my SHR970.
I have the variation, I have said I will fly in and collect the items, and the dealer i am using is insisting on import license. I have told him they don't exist for private individuals providing they have a valid slot on their license. I don't know if it's getting through.
I hope you don't need an import license too.
What is wrong with your trigger?

teyhan look at my post on buying from france you can get an import licence for a private individual and is straiight forward i have done this and explained the ins and outs, hope this helps wayne
ps because you get the import licence you do not need to go through an rfd as you are the rfd for the items on the licence and will arrive at your door

email roy smiles before you set up the online application so it goes through and is not rejected
enquiries.ilb@bis.gsi.gov.uk
once sorted with him fill out this online
ICMS - Import Case Management System
destructions on filling out the application and from start to finish you will have a licence in under 5 days
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ow-to-apply-for-a-firearms-import-licence.pdf

Last edited:
What a friggin nightmare
I too am in the process of trying to get a spare barrel, bolt and magazine from Switzerland for my SHR970.
I have the variation, I have said I will fly in and collect the items, and the dealer i am using is insisting on import license. I have told him they don't exist for private individuals providing they have a valid slot on their license. I don't know if it's getting through.
I hope you don't need an import license too.
What is wrong with your trigger?

To start with I had a problem with the safety, it would allow the bolt to be cycled while in the locked position, the trigger was graunchy (is that even a word?) and the let off was very inconsistent. Not good. took it to a gun smith but he had never worked on one before, he did his best, sorted the safety issue for a short while but was back to square one again after 10 rounds or so. Took it to a different gunsmith who again had never worked on a SHR970. He did his best and to be fair made it loads better and has been working fine since but the let off is far too heavy for me and he is reluctant to make it any lighter. He said the rifle was akin to a RollsRoyce but the trigger was a 1970's Lada! I cant find an aftermarket trigger that will fit and was just about to trade it in for Sauer when I came across these guys. Hence my question, because the trigger aint cheap.
I hope I am correct about not needing an import license, I was under the impression that they are necessary only for Bolt, chamber, barrel components.

Regards

Peter

Last edited:
Back