Stalking hat

Blackdog

I am looking for a decent warm and waterproof hat for stalking, not really into baseball caps or the Sherlock Holmes look, Can anyone recommend a sensible in between compromise please?

ATB

Steve

Don't mess about:

SDPP_edited-n_zps1ef47dc3.jpg

Cheers

K

If you don't want something with a brim, then a heavy fleece beanie is ideal. Stays warm even when wet, but lets your head breathe when you're really sweating.

A REALLY expensive one will set you back about £15 and last a decade or so.

Steve, if you look on the back of the latest BDS magazine you will see Alan Mc Cormack wearing a nice hat. Got mine from Roger Saunders at JAGERSPORT.

After a fruitless search does anyone know where I can get a browning hat in the uk?

Thanks

Steve

hats are for poofs and bullfighters ! you may put a woolly cap on at the first signs of hypothermia but that's all !

:gheyfight: hello sailor, A warm head n' dry neck or a woolly hat n' wet neck its a life choice i guess
i go for dry any day
atb
pablo el'torro

hats are for poofs and bullfighters ! you may put a woolly cap on at the first signs of hypothermia but that's all !

A warm head n' dry neck or a woolly hat n' wet neck its a life choice i guess
i go for dry any day
atb
pablo el'torro

but does the job in anything but the windiest conditions!

My experience mirrors those above exactly. A dry face and neck keep me very comfortable. I can add that the wide brim is great for keeping stuff off your face when beating through tall maize and stalking/beating through dense woodland.

Good for every weather but high wind.

I do use the very uncool but very practical chin strap that came with my Akubra "Blue Mountains". It is even tucked behind my ears if wind is coming from all directions. The strap works fine behind my head (á la Robert Duval just before delivering "I love the smell of Napalm in the morning") when it is less gusty.

Akubra Barmah Fedora Panama Hats Indiana Jones Fedora Hats

Hmm, mine was about half that 7 years ago…40 pounds-ish

Alan

Last edited:
Back