PayPal

StalkingKent

Thought i'd post this for anyone that's not seen this new service from PayPal;

It has certainly made me feel a lot more confident with purchasing items, especially at this time of year and all the scams that aregoing around.

We’re always looking for ways to give you extra peace of mind and make you feel more secure when you shop online. That’s why you can now choose Pay After Delivery at checkout.

With Pay After Delivery purchases, we’ll pay the seller straightaway but will only take the money out of your bank account 14 days later. This gives you the time to receive the item before you pay. If the item doesn’t arrive or isn’t what you expected, you’re covered by PayPal Buyer Protection.

It’s easy to set up – just follow these simple steps:

1. Click ‘Agree and Sign Up Now’.
2. Sign in to your PayPal account.
3. You’ll receive a confirmation message to say you’ve activated Pay After Delivery.

Once you’ve signed up, you can then select Pay After Delivery next time you check out with PayPal*

Can't see if it makes a difference. If you buy something as it stands now and it is not up to standard etc etc you open a dispute through paypal and paypal decide whether to refund you or say you have no case. With this new system yes they pay it for you to begin with, but if it is not up to standard you still have to open a dispute through paypal so they do not take the money from your account, but again, if you loose the dispute you will still pay for it. Just re-wording an existing system to gain confidence in the system.

Just be careful guys if you use Paypal for any shooting related equipment as they have a policy concerning it.
If it goes belly up you may find they will wash their hands of you.
To quote -

What is PayPal’s policy on transactions that involve firearms?

We don’t allow PayPal members to buy or sell any kind of firearm, whether it’s in working order or not. The same goes for certain firearm parts and ammunition.

For example, using PayPal, you can’t buy or sell:

Any firearm, including rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they’re for sport and recreation, collectibles, or curio or relic firearms.
Firearm parts, including but not limited to receivers and frames, silencers, and kits designed to modify guns so that they fire automatically. High capacity magazines, multi-burst trigger activators, and camouflaging firearm containers are other items in this category.
Ammunition, including propellants like gunpowder or blank ammunition; ammunition or cartridge cases; and primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

Stun gun sales are allowed for U.S. residents, but only if the transaction is permitted by law in both the buyer's and seller's jurisdictions. (PayPal account holders outside the U.S. can’t buy or sell stun guns.) Before they complete a sale, U.S. sellers must make sure that the transaction is legal in both locations.

Related items that you can buy and sell using PayPal include paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns, as long as such transactions are legal in the applicable jurisdiction. All of these items must display the markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and can’t include blank ammunition.

Yes but some scrouts advertise things they do not have and you send the money and nothing arrives this is a common thing so that is a very idea if it doesn't turn up paypal lose the money

I recently bought a shotgun cartridge bag on eBay. Was delivered by My Hermes. Never arrived but the delivery tracking stated it had been delivered and left in the porch.....we don't have a porch!..opened a dispute.....My Hermes would not discuss it with me and the vendor got no response other than they were investigating.
there was some doubt as to whether Ebay's buyer protection would have applied as it was sent "tracked". Thankfully I never got to find out as it was left on my doorstep.....either by My Hermes...or by whoever it was delivered to.

Same here, Myhermes, three weeks after paying for an item ,said they delivered it, and had a signature, payed with paypal, and have the protection. But, the signature according to Myherpes was lost, the agent has disappeared off the planet, and paypal/eBay just shrug their shoulders. If you look at all the details, they have a vast legal team that have covered every corner, and the chances are very little of getting paid at all. How easy is it to say its actually been delivered, when it has not, and say " what the hell, insurance pays out" , well it basically does not. I put this down to just one of those things, but it happened a second time, I opened a dispute, and was told it was up to the seller to pursue it, and they closed my enquiry. It really is a point of "you only get what you pay for".

Yep they all duck out. I bought a couple of pieces of china to go with my small collection of bits. This was a Gravy Boat and matching tureen. The parcel courier ran up the driver thrust the box in my hands and legged it. On opening the box the garvy boat is in three pieces the Tureen survived.

Now call me cynical if you like but judging by his actions I say he knew it was busted and just wanted to get the heck out of it. The courier company says it's up the sender so she contacted them and they duck out by saying that she didn't list every item n the parcel it just said China. Paypal are not interested this was an e-bay purchase and e-bay said it's up the vendor to sort out.

Luckily the vendor refunded the price of the Boat but I feel bad that she lost out as it was packed well just not good enough to deal with ape handling.

The sickening thing is that it was the Boat that I really wanted to go with the others and it's a pattern that I have not seen before or since so finding a replacement is nigh on impossible.

paypal will screw you at any opportunity

I have been bent over as both a buyer and a seller
In fact their application of rules for sellers is becoming draconian

will not use them unless I absolutely have to

It is a ludicrous combination, as a nation we try to get everything cheap, or is that so, are we taxed so much it makes it expensive. So, an auction, then a "safe payment" (because banks were lazy in getting it done)and finally a cheap delivery service ( that may or may not get it there). Then put all that into a pot, and you have SO may users that the x hundreds of thousands that are ripped off purely become a minor figure. Again this week I have had four items not delivered, and again two have been signed for, and one again "has lost" the details.

Back