Teckel. Dirty little barst##d.

6.5/284matt

Never had this problem with any other of my dogs so never learnt how to solve it but hopefully someone on here has.
My teckel who is coming up 12 months old in December always pi55es in his bed area of his kennel. He'll come outside for a sh#t if he's to do one in his kennel.
The only things iv tried is trying different bedding materials, plain ply floor, Eco bedding(chopped card) and an old duvet but pees on them all.
Any ideas chaps.

Cheers. Matt.

A plastic tray so he has to sleep in it. Dirty bugger, had a pup that did it and all I could do was no bedding at all and the plastic tray, no dog wants to be cold and wet....

Hi Matt , I have found that the best thing to do is limit the space the dog has to sleep in , eg make sure the dog can't pee in one area and sleep by the side of it in another, even if for the time been the dog has to sleep in a area the same size as itself, its worth a try I have had it with 1 or 2 dogs usually Bitches not dogs tho.
Dave Ross
Ravenshall Gundogs.

Thanks guys, food for thought.
Howy your missing the point. Even if the dog was left in the kennel 24 hours a day and never walked, ( which he's not by the way) he's still got 2 areas within his kennel, a box/bed and a run but he's still choosing to pi55 in the bed area.

Matt.

Hi Matt , I have found that the best thing to do is limit the space the dog has to sleep in , eg make sure the dog can't pee in one area and sleep by the side of it in another, even if for the time been the dog has to sleep in a area the same size as itself, its worth a try I have had it with 1 or 2 dogs usually Bitches not dogs tho.
Dave Ross
Ravenshall Gundogs.

Exactly what we did, the pup was in a crate, in the end we had to make the crate smaller by adding a partition so that he couldn't even wee the the other end. Worked after a short while.

Dave Ross
Ravenshall Gundogs.
had a few do this and sizing down stops it.

Back