Thread: Permit for Transportion of a Firearm to UK

Permit for Transportion of a Firearm to UK

I am retiring and moving to Scotland in June of 2014 - Tain area, if the house I have my eye is still avialable - and would like to transport my Rifle, Black Powder Pistol and Air Rifle as luggage, with me. I was told, by Mr. Mcloed, of Tain, that I could obtain a Visitor's Permit, which lasted one year, and this would allow me to do so. He said I could re-new this permit one time for an additional year.

My only problem is, the e-mail address he gave me, for whatever reason, did not work.

Could I trouble someone to give me a good, working, e-mail address where I can obtain the form(s) for doing so; or can I just get them from the local UK Consulant?

The last thing I need is to pay a hefty fine or loose my rifle, all together.

Thank you, in advance.

I would suggest you contact the local police HQ nearest to your destination for a BVP form or get your sponser to obtain one for you as he will need to complete some sections on it.

This site should give you all you need, scroll down to related documents and you'll find one there that can be saved as a .pdf file and printed.