• Yes - it should be an independent country

60 27.27%
  • No - it should remain part of the UK

160 72.73%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't bear another 9 months - Yes or No

I can't bear another 9 months - Yes or No

Should scotland become independent

result submitted and we can get on with our lives.

In truth, I don't know.
    My mrs & myself have looked at the idea of moving north of the border, I love it up there, but financially it's going to be another 5-6 years before we can seriously consider it. Time I suppose to see how things pan out either way

if it means lower taxes, more employement opps for start ups and SME's, lower crime, better healthcare, better public finances, better infrastructure, and banning anyone non-resident in Scotland to posses stalking grounds, then I'm all up for it

Absolutely no!

Alex Salmond and his party are promising the earth but with no detail on how they are going to afford it. Surely it is common sense that if you duplicate government departments and you also deliver on all these promises the cost to the people and businesses in Scotland is going to be huge.

I wouldn't leave Salmond in charge of the Sunday shopping never mind the running of his Scottish empire. Behind that big grin is what?.... lots of wind and little true direction that would benefit the Scottish people. It's all a bit of a joke really.

will the uk get to vote as well ? or is it just a Scotland thing ? currently they are part of the union so I think the whole union should get to vote?

and if they vote for independence then they should get it , COMPLETELY ! sort out there own hospitals and everything , they can buy them from us of course along with the roads and anything else the union has done for them , and the rest of the union should stop sending our money there (and india etc for that matter!)

and when they are on their knees and realise independence is nothing to do with mel Gibson and having burnt salmond at the stake for telling lies and nonsense(like most politicians) we should all be able to say 'we tried to warn you' !!!!
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Exactly, Mulac! How can it be economically viable to suddenly have to staff a pile of departments to run a full government? Defence, Home, Employment, Prisons, foreign embassies, passport office, driver and vehicle licencing, welfare, pensions, transport and roads, this list is not exhaustive.

With things as they are now, free prescriptions and further education are luxuries that can be afforded, but should independence happen, whatever you're political views, there just won't be the money for them.

Will this result in

Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Definately not and a majority of the people I have spoken to up here think the same.
    Hopefully sense will be seen but the thought of 16 year olds been given a say is a little worrying although I may be being a little harsh there.
    A lot will depend on whether people vote with their heads of their hearts IMO

Polticans can you trust them

This guy is promising the world, will he come up with it or is he to be trusted
    I think not
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe