Hi from Warrington

Si

My name is Simon, I live in Warrington Cheshire. I have been involved in shooting most of my life, got my first air rifle age 12 and have held a shotgun certificate for the last 13yrs.
For my 40th Birthday I did a days stalking on the Glenfeshie estate which included 1/1 tuition with a keeper/stalker, hire of a landrover and argo cat. Spent 1/2 hour on the range to get used to the estate rifle, a .270 Sauer with Smidtt and Bender scope. Then we headed off into the highlands in search of Red hinds, from that moment on I was completely hooked. 3 kills with 3 shots, and as you can imagine I was absolutely chuffed to bits.
FAC application went in the post before the meat had chance to mature and I'm already planning my next stalk for early in the new year.
I also have permission to shoot pest species on farmland which is cleared for .223

finnbear270 said:
Hello & welcome Si, It sounds like you are well on your way to getting dyed in the wool :D

I had to google that... it's not a term I'm familiar with but yes, I'm getting there. Should be receiving my FAC in the next few days, closed but without a mentoring restriction so happy days :D

Back