Inadvertent Rewilding

Ow well then. At least it got a brief taste of freedom! I was hoping for some interesting photos of the police chasing it around the countryside and the inevitable raft of conflicting expert opinion that would appear in the news.

Is it me, or do the authorities seem overly keen to shoot animals these days? Cows in a field near a school, now some wolves. I suspect that the wolves were well fed and generally behaving like wolves, ie. not an immediate danger to humans, so probably candidates for tranquiliser darts, which I think happened to one.

But then health and safety will have a bearing, along with frustrated police firearms officers who do all that training and never grt to shoot at anything for real.

Looks like a pump to me. I'd say if he could get close enough to shoot it with that he could have darted it. Unless he was using slugs!

I'm not an expert on shotguns but the lower action bar/forend doesn't appear attached to the barrel (there's a gap between the two) and would not a rifle be better than a shotgun on these animals?

I'm not an expert on shotguns but the lower action bar/forend doesn't appear attached to the barrel (there's a gap between the two) and would not a rifle be better than a shotgun on these animals?[/QUote

The lower "bar" is the magazine for the cartridges fed in below the action, the grip on the bar is the pump mechanism for cycling the cartridges. At close range I would say with the right load it would be far more effective & safer than a rifle.

Pete

Back