Thread: GSP breeders

GSP breeders

I think I've finally made the decision to take the plunge and get a dog. After lots and lots (and then some more) thought, I'm 95% sure that I want a GSP.

Does anyone know of any good breeders with GSPs coming from good bloodlines? There seems to be a lot of people with wirehairs, but I haven't seen or heard as much about breeders with shorthairs.

That said I know that there are at least a couple of people on here with GSPs who may be able to share some knowledge with me.

I know it might take 3-6 months to find the right dog, but I don't mind putting in the time and work to get a good one. As a bonus, it'll also give me enough time to read up on training!

Try getting in contact with Wayne Davies or John at www.yorkshireroestalking on this site. i think something was written the other day regarding their dogs.

Hi Gez
    Yep get in touch with John at Yorkshireroestalking I think my dog Max's parents are expecting again and you wont go farm wrong if there anything like the last litter.

I'm chuffed to bits with my first Gsp he's been a pleasure to own excellent friendly temperament and steady as a rock. He stalks at my side or sits under a seat 90% of the times I'm out.

Here's a photo of Max

And have a look at the video its a bit dark so not the best we were watching a big fat doe and he just cracks me up when hes fixed on something.

Atb Wayne

Cheers Wayne, I've seen both yours and John's dogs on the site before - both lovely looking animals! That photo of Max is amazing, I don't know how anyone can see that and not want one!

I'd read posts that they were related, but I assumed that you both got them from the same breeder... are the parents Johns dogs too?

Hi Gez
    Yes the parents are his as well, I stalked with John over my dogs grandmother and that sold me on what I wanted.

When I'm stalking I spend more time watching the dog than looking for deer his senses are so switched on to Fallow now it adds another element to the whole experience.
    He can alert you to deer well before you have a clue they are there which has given me an edge on several occasions.

What part of the country are you in??

Atb Wayne

Sounds like a great stalking companion Wayne!

I'll get in touch with John and enquire about the possible litter.

I'm based in Newcastle by the way, where abouts are you?

Hi Gez
    Herefordshire so a long way off I'm afraid.
    Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Hello Gez,

You will not be disappointed with a GSP! My dog Alfie is 7 now and has been a real star. They can be a handful, but very affectionate and loyal, and they do need a lot of company. But he will run all day for you if asked to do so.