Thread: zeroing

any thoughts on lazer bore sighters,seem ideal,no human,error,when we miss,would be certain it was"nt the rifle,any thoughts ,regards,Tone,

Laser boresighters like all other gadgets like this are used for bringing the scope onto paper. You MUST always then zero onto a target with the ammunition you intend to use.

Most if not all laser boresighters are for initial sighting in , In all the instructions I have ever read they all say use at a distance of 20 meters to 25 meters , The one I had a shot of at 100 yards the dot was more like a tennis ball and it had to be pretty dull to even see the bloody thing, and remember there is no trajectory on a laser beam .
    At 20 to 25 meters I tend to lock rifle solid onto a target and then just look down the bore and then match reticule then move onto trying a few rounds for fine tuning at different ranges,
    A friend of mine bought a laser boresighter to fit a .270 and .243 nearly ruined his 243 when the thing became stuck in the chamber he had to put a long tap through the base of the laser and pull very gently but firmly with a vise grip , they come with different brass holders but the 243 one was fractionally to big.