Thread: Electric Knife sharpener

Electric Knife sharpener

Hi All i was wondering if anybody on the forum uses an electric knive sharpener and if so which model would you recommend,

regards Geoff

may as well use a grinder IMO!

that and the ones with crossed steels

they impart the feeling of "sharpness" by turning it into a very fine serrated does this by ripping chunks out of the blade!

even a cheap double sided carborundum stone is infinitely kinder to your blade and used properly will give a longer lasting and sharper edge

Got one of these whetstone water based sharpener. Absolutely first class, perfect angle every time.
    Uk guy

Got one of the Bushwear ones. Use it for post mortem knives at work. Rough, but quick and effective. Wouldn't use it on my 'good' knives.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Not if you have spent more than 1 on a knife, just as said before actually creates a serrated blade edge, best edges always off water stones changing grades as you go, finish with a strop don't think there is a better way. imo

Lidl electric knife sharpener

The above thread was a few months ago, worth a read.

I bought a Worksharp and it comes with a selection of belts including one that is so fine its like a strop, it turns knives into razors and there is no serrating or damage to the blade. My original vocation was as a jeweller and I kept a couple of my diamond loupes (10x magnification) I have looked at the sharpened blade under that and they are beautifully smooth.

I would recommend it, not all knife sharpeners kill a blade.